Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gps coordinate input
elvinsiew

Gps coordinate input

Does anyone have any idea how I can use google map's coordinate on Evoque gps ?

Seems google map gps coordinate Format is different
01-03-2012 03:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Gps coordinate input

The problem will be which datum is used for the base for constructing the maps - they can be cross referenced but there will be errors converting them. If both system use the mapping industry standard WGS84 for satnav maps then there should be no problem other than the way the digits are input - one may be degrees and decimals of a degree and the other may be degrees, minutes and decimals of a minute. In the UK we have a different system that is slowly being phased out in favour of WGS - the OS Coordinates, but these can easily be converted into latitude and longitude. I think that there is no way to directly input latitude nd longitude coordinates into the Evoque. Are you trying to create POI's?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 08:36am by XFullFatTim.)
01-03-2012 08:35am
elvinsiew

Gps coordinate input

The map I have on my Evoque , I don't think it's updated, just can't search the places I need. I will normally search on google map

Any idea how Ivan update the map on my Evoque?
01-03-2012 10:08am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You need to buy an update disc from the map makers, but your car should have the latest available from the company supplying Land Rover when it was delivered. The maps are not updated very often as they depend a lot on locals reporting changes to the digital map makers. Here in the UK I have seen cars painted or wrapped with the livery of NavTeq, the makers of digital maps, driving round doing surveys for them. I doubt that they have many cars driving around Malaysia updating maps. You may need a Tom-Tom type aftermarket system that you can update on-line if you need more up to date mapping

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 10:42am by XFullFatTim.)
01-03-2012 10:41am
elvinsiew

Gps coordinate input

Yes I guess so, am checking with them on the map. There is only 15 units now in malaysia. It's a definately head turner car
01-03-2012 12:12pm
WorldTraveler

(01-03-2012 12:12pm)elvinsiew Wrote:  Yes I guess so, am checking with them on the map. There is only 15 units now in malaysia. It's a definately head turner car

Map Updates for Land Rover available here, as there have not been any updates for the Evoque there is no product available ...

After a bit of poking around it seems that NAvTek dont update as often as TomTom or other aftermarket suppliers, but I did see that the maps for Jaguar XK are dataed mid 2011.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSH...rEUCatalog

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 06:37pm by WorldTraveler.)
01-03-2012 06:32pm
elvinsiew

Gps coordinate input

That's not good, it will be darn stupid to have a built in gps and another tomtom by the side
02-03-2012 01:34am
DustinDep

Land Rover has a all new system starting with the Evoque that will actually use a USB to update the maps now but there wont be a update available until next year
02-03-2012 10:09am
elvinsiew

Gps coordinate input

That's goods news but bad for the next year update

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pxqsmc
02-03-2012 04:23pm