babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Car alarms and airport carparks - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Car alarms and airport carparks (/Thread-Car-alarms-and-airport-carparks)

Car alarms and airport carparks - XFullFatTim - 26-02-2012 03:13pm

I've just parked my car in an airport carpark and as I walked through to the terminal there were at least 6 cars that had flashing hazard warning lights blinking or horns sounding as planes took off and landed. Mostly they were BMW's and Mercedes, so why do these makers fit alarm systems that are so sensitive to even the vibration from jet engines that are not remotely close? Is it that the window glasses are very thin or the frames not well sealed or just extremely sensitive vibration sensors? Guess the recovery services will have a few call outs for flat batteries when the owners return.

RE: Car alarms and airport carparks - VirtualCamper - 26-02-2012 06:50pm

message to xfullfatTim - sorry to post this here - guess you can delete it anyway, I am new member today and wish to post some images but can find no way and no information on how to do this please help me.

thanks Neutral

RE: Car alarms and airport carparks - XFullFatTim - 26-02-2012 07:06pm

You can do it 2 ways:

A) open a free account with one of the online hosts, upload your photos to it and then copy and paste the hyper-link to each photo into our post. The forum software will resize the photos automatically.
Or

B) when you type up a post scroll down the page a bit and there is an "attachment" button, BUT you have to reduc the fie size of your pictures to the size the forum system can handle.

RE: Car alarms and airport carparks - lngrn36 - 26-02-2012 07:38pm

(26-02-2012 06:50pm)VirtualCamper Wrote:  message to xfullfatTim - sorry to post this here - guess you can delete it anyway, I am new member today and wish to post some images but can find no way and no information on how to do this please help me.

thanks Neutral

Upload pics

RE: Car alarms and airport carparks - slee18 - 26-02-2012 09:44pm

Their very sensitivity cars Tim! Seriously my Lexus never went off, found out later there isn't a shock sensor just glass breakage sensor. Bimmers have shock sensor thus the alarms are going off

RE: Car alarms and airport carparks - Mag1c_dragon - 26-02-2012 10:24pm

The alarm on my RRE has went off outside Tesco Express when a delivery truck thundered past! I thought it had hit it and took the mirror off or something, but was nowhere near according to a by stander . . .