babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? (/Thread-SATNAV-how-activate-off-road-mode-maps)

Pages: 1 2

SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? - MarcoRRE - 26-02-2012 02:09pm

Hi,
i'm Marco from Italy.Very Happy
how activate off road mode maps?
Thx

RE: SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? - XFullFatTim - 26-02-2012 02:53pm

The offroad maps are a con! They are not maps but a grey background with blue where there is water and a few selected height contours. I would never rely on them for offroad use, they are hopeless. I have the UK Ordnance Survey digital maps on an iPad that I use for offroad driving, far more info and more upto date as the system I have downloads updates. The system will also work on iPhone and android phones but their screens are just a bit small

RE: SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? - MarcoRRE - 26-02-2012 11:52pm

oh ok.
thank you very much!Smile

RE: SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? - Ricvifarho - 17-03-2012 01:29am

(26-02-2012 02:53pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The offroad maps are a con! They are not maps but a grey background with blue where there is water and a few selected height contours. I would never rely on them for offroad use, they are hopeless. I have the UK Ordnance Survey digital maps on an iPad that I use for offroad driving, far more info and more upto date as the system I have downloads updates. The system will also work on iPhone and android phones but their screens are just a bit small

OK Tim- but how do you access the RRE offroad version- separate datapack from the dealer or is it hidden in a menu I haven't found?Question

I was particularly wanting to get an altitude readout..?

RE: SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? - XFullFatTim - 17-03-2012 11:14am

Sorry but I have no idea - it was so crap in the FFRR and RRS's that I have owned I haven't bothered with it in the RRE. I use an iPad with Memory Map Navigator's OS sheets loaded into it when I go off road

RE: SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? - defender_uk - 17-03-2012 12:38pm

i don't think u can on the RRE. shame, i did use a lot onn the RR & RRS

RE: SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? - XFullFatTim - 17-03-2012 10:36pm

I spent an hour this afternoon trying to find the off road nav, but I guess LR thought nobody would want to take their BabyRR that far off road and haven't included it in the Evoque's navigation system.
BTW for anybody else who has been using MemoryMap Navigator on a car PC or iPad for the OS maps,don't upgrade to the latest version of the system or you will loose all your OS maps and be left with only the road map. I found this out this afternoon by reading the comments on the home page for the app in the Istore - lots of comments there about it. very glad that I hadn't downloaded the upgrade

RE: SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? - is1983 - 03-08-2013 09:31pm

Just got mine yesterday MY13 and to access offroad maps,

With no destination set....press the (hard) nav button twice, this will switch between on road and off road mapping

RE: SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? - Frp1 - 03-08-2013 10:04pm

Tim,

It must have been a update on the 13y as I have it on this one but not my 1st one.

The maps look the same, but you can plot a route of where you have been and trace your steps back.

Ben

SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps? - Stadt Panzer - 04-08-2013 08:33am

Have the same on mine, model year 2012.