Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps?
MarcoRRE

Hi,
i'm Marco from Italy.Very Happy
how activate off road mode maps?
Thx
26-02-2012 02:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: SATNAV: how activate off road mode maps?

The offroad maps are a con! They are not maps but a grey background with blue where there is water and a few selected height contours. I would never rely on them for offroad use, they are hopeless. I have the UK Ordnance Survey digital maps on an iPad that I use for offroad driving, far more info and more upto date as the system I have downloads updates. The system will also work on iPhone and android phones but their screens are just a bit small

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-02-2012 02:58pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-02-2012 02:53pm
MarcoRRE

oh ok.
thank you very much!Smile
26-02-2012 11:52pm
Ricvifarho

(26-02-2012 02:53pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The offroad maps are a con! They are not maps but a grey background with blue where there is water and a few selected height contours. I would never rely on them for offroad use, they are hopeless. I have the UK Ordnance Survey digital maps on an iPad that I use for offroad driving, far more info and more upto date as the system I have downloads updates. The system will also work on iPhone and android phones but their screens are just a bit small

OK Tim- but how do you access the RRE offroad version- separate datapack from the dealer or is it hidden in a menu I haven't found?Question

I was particularly wanting to get an altitude readout..?

#1...Prestige SD4, Firenze, manual, adaptive dynamics and xenons, pano, black rails...not much else
Del 1/3/12 ,59000 very enjoyable miles
#2...HSE Dynamic TD4180, March 2016, Firenze with Santorini roof, roof rails from #1, auto, adaptive dynamics, pano, adaptive LEDs...Meridian 380W..and heated steering wheel! This is Scotland after all!
17-03-2012 01:29am
XFullFatTim

Sorry but I have no idea - it was so crap in the FFRR and RRS's that I have owned I haven't bothered with it in the RRE. I use an iPad with Memory Map Navigator's OS sheets loaded into it when I go off road

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-03-2012 11:14am
defender_uk

i don't think u can on the RRE. shame, i did use a lot onn the RR & RRS

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
17-03-2012 12:38pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

I spent an hour this afternoon trying to find the off road nav, but I guess LR thought nobody would want to take their BabyRR that far off road and haven't included it in the Evoque's navigation system.
BTW for anybody else who has been using MemoryMap Navigator on a car PC or iPad for the OS maps,don't upgrade to the latest version of the system or you will loose all your OS maps and be left with only the road map. I found this out this afternoon by reading the comments on the home page for the app in the Istore - lots of comments there about it. very glad that I hadn't downloaded the upgrade

(This post was last modified: 17-03-2012 10:39pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-03-2012 10:36pm
is1983

Just got mine yesterday MY13 and to access offroad maps,

With no destination set....press the (hard) nav button twice, this will switch between on road and off road mapping
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 10:18am by is1983.)
03-08-2013 09:31pm
Frp1

Tim,

It must have been a update on the 13y as I have it on this one but not my 1st one.

The maps look the same, but you can plot a route of where you have been and trace your steps back.

Ben
03-08-2013 10:04pm
Stadt Panzer

Have the same on mine, model year 2012.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
04-08-2013 08:33am