babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Radio - No DAB Option appears - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Radio - No DAB Option appears (/Thread-Radio-No-DAB-Option-appears)

Pages: 1 2 3

Radio - No DAB Option appears - Big G - 21-02-2012 10:21am

Hoping someome may help. Have also PM'd Nick@Landrover but no response as yet. Anyway picked up car all fine except I can't find the DAB option on the Radio - its like its not been set up. Just wondering if anyone else had a smilar problem. I've seen other posts about poor DAB reception, but this is just not an option.

Is it a dealer setting?

Thanks

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears - XFullFatTim - 21-02-2012 11:01am

No its not dealer setting, it may be a market specific option. Are there any DAB radio transmissions in Eire? Strangely here I can get a host of strange stations and the BBC but no Classic FM which must be the next most popular station after all the BBC national and local stations and I find it strange the Classic isn't available as a DAB transmission

Edit: just been in contact with Classic FM and in our area they are not yet transmitting on DAB!

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears - dandavis1 - 21-02-2012 11:07am

Press the SWYS and say "D.A.B. play". Still nothing?

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears - Big G - 21-02-2012 11:40am

(21-02-2012 11:07am)dandavis1 Wrote:  Press the SWYS and say "D.A.B. play". Still nothing?

Thanks Dan - SWYS ?

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears - dandavis1 - 21-02-2012 11:49am

Say What You See - The button on the steering wheel you press and then speak. Press, wait for the beep and say "dab play".

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears - Big G - 21-02-2012 11:58am

(21-02-2012 11:49am)dandavis1 Wrote:  Say What You See - The button on the steering wheel you press and then speak. Press, wait for the beep and say "dab play".

I'm being really thick - I'm not sure i have this option, unless they are all standard?

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears - dandavis1 - 21-02-2012 01:01pm

I thought it was standard. On your steering wheel, do you have a cluster of three buttons: Answer phone call, end phone call and then one with a picture of a guy 'talking'? If so, press that once, wait for the beep and then say what I suggested.

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears - Sarcastrix - 21-02-2012 01:11pm

Here in Sweden DAB is a £350 option but there's only a very limited reception. Still ticked the box though Very Happy

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears - cjfp - 21-02-2012 07:10pm

When you click the 'hard' Audio / Video button and get the Audio / Video screen up , do you see 'soft' buttons down the lhs of the screen - Radio ; DAB ; My Music ; My Video ?

[attachment=1536]

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears - griff - 21-02-2012 07:29pm

(21-02-2012 11:01am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  No its not dealer setting, it may be a market specific option. Are there any DAB radio transmissions in Eire? Strangely here I can get a host of strange stations and the BBC but no Classic FM which must be the next most popular station after all the BBC national and local stations and I find it strange the Classic isn't available as a DAB transmission

Edit: just been in contact with Classic FM and in our area they are not yet transmitting on DAB!
Hi Tim
Classic is a DAB option, I have it locked in. Might be an idea to try and get it locked in when "down south" and see how far north it will take you.
See you next week.
Griff