Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Radio - No DAB Option appears
Big G

Radio - No DAB Option appears

Hoping someome may help. Have also PM'd Nick@Landrover but no response as yet. Anyway picked up car all fine except I can't find the DAB option on the Radio - its like its not been set up. Just wondering if anyone else had a smilar problem. I've seen other posts about poor DAB reception, but this is just not an option.

Is it a dealer setting?

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 10:31am by Big G.)
21-02-2012 10:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Radio - No DAB Option appears

No its not dealer setting, it may be a market specific option. Are there any DAB radio transmissions in Eire? Strangely here I can get a host of strange stations and the BBC but no Classic FM which must be the next most popular station after all the BBC national and local stations and I find it strange the Classic isn't available as a DAB transmission

Edit: just been in contact with Classic FM and in our area they are not yet transmitting on DAB!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 11:03am by XFullFatTim.)
21-02-2012 11:01am
dandavis1

Press the SWYS and say "D.A.B. play". Still nothing?
21-02-2012 11:07am
Big G

(21-02-2012 11:07am)dandavis1 Wrote:  Press the SWYS and say "D.A.B. play". Still nothing?

Thanks Dan - SWYS ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
21-02-2012 11:40am
dandavis1

Say What You See - The button on the steering wheel you press and then speak. Press, wait for the beep and say "dab play".
21-02-2012 11:49am
Big G

(21-02-2012 11:49am)dandavis1 Wrote:  Say What You See - The button on the steering wheel you press and then speak. Press, wait for the beep and say "dab play".

I'm being really thick - I'm not sure i have this option, unless they are all standard?

Collected !! 18/02/2012
21-02-2012 11:58am
dandavis1

I thought it was standard. On your steering wheel, do you have a cluster of three buttons: Answer phone call, end phone call and then one with a picture of a guy 'talking'? If so, press that once, wait for the beep and then say what I suggested.
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 01:02pm by dandavis1.)
21-02-2012 01:01pm
Sarcastrix

Here in Sweden DAB is a £350 option but there's only a very limited reception. Still ticked the box though Very Happy

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
21-02-2012 01:11pm
cjfp

When you click the 'hard' Audio / Video button and get the Audio / Video screen up , do you see 'soft' buttons down the lhs of the screen - Radio ; DAB ; My Music ; My Video ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
21-02-2012 07:10pm
griff

(21-02-2012 11:01am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  No its not dealer setting, it may be a market specific option. Are there any DAB radio transmissions in Eire? Strangely here I can get a host of strange stations and the BBC but no Classic FM which must be the next most popular station after all the BBC national and local stations and I find it strange the Classic isn't available as a DAB transmission

Edit: just been in contact with Classic FM and in our area they are not yet transmitting on DAB!
Hi Tim
Classic is a DAB option, I have it locked in. Might be an idea to try and get it locked in when "down south" and see how far north it will take you.
See you next week.
Griff

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
21-02-2012 07:29pm