babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Car Rejection Process started! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Car Rejection Process started! (/Thread-Car-Rejection-Process-started)

Pages: 1 2

Car Rejection Process started! - xxxx5 - 17-02-2012 05:54pm

Well as if my delivery and handover problems weren't enough to take (see separate thread), I am now looking like I will have to reject my car after only 3.5 weeks.

I haven't really written about the two main issues, paint defect on the front o/s wing & o/s bonnet or the o/s drivers door not closing without a hard slam as I thought they would be sorted out by the dealer, but it now turns out that I would need to have part of the car resprayed, and the door issue can't been rectified that easy. So I have spoken today to the DP at my dealers to start the process of rejecting the car. I seems the car shouldn't have left the factory with these issues.

This really isn't what I wanted to experience but with the money I have spent on this car, I shouldn't be having these types of quality issues. I keep you informed on the progress.....

RE: Car Rejection Process started! - Big G - 17-02-2012 05:57pm

(17-02-2012 05:54pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Well as if my delivery and handover problems weren't enough to take (see separate thread), I am now looking like I will have to reject my car after only 3.5 weeks.

I haven't really written about the two main issues, paint defect on the front o/s wing & o/s bonnet or the o/s drivers door not closing without a hard slam as I thought they would be sorted out by the dealer, but it now turns out that I would need to have part of the car resprayed, and the door issue can't been rectified that easy. So I have spoken today to the DP at my dealers to start the process of rejecting the car. I seems the car shouldn't have left the factory with these issues.

This really isn't what I wanted to experience but with the money I have spent on this car, I shouldn't be having these types of quality issues. I keep you informed on the progress.....

BummerBanging Head Best of luck. What exactly were the paint defects?

RE: Car Rejection Process started! - xxxx5 - 17-02-2012 06:04pm

(17-02-2012 05:57pm)Big G Wrote:  BummerBanging Head Best of luck. What exactly were the paint defects?

Two missing pieces of paint approx 3 mm diameter - 1 on the inside of the o/s front wing, next to the door and again on the bonnet.

RE: Car Rejection Process started! - lngrn36 - 17-02-2012 06:17pm

(17-02-2012 05:54pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Well as if my delivery and handover problems weren't enough to take (see separate thread), I am now looking like I will have to reject my car after only 3.5 weeks.

Got Pics??

RE: Car Rejection Process started! - xxxx5 - 17-02-2012 07:19pm

I will tomorrow when the light is better and I wash the car.

RE: Car Rejection Process started! - LDT - 17-02-2012 08:12pm

Oh dear. You must be so annoyed/irritated/fed up. I hope that the process will run smoothly for you, and you will be fast tracked a new car. It seems that QC at JLR needs a sharp boot up the backside.

RE: Car Rejection Process started! - EVO PUNDITT - 17-02-2012 08:19pm

Feel sorry for you,as we both ordered similar time and similar spec. I wish you all the best.

RE: Car Rejection Process started! - dandavis1 - 17-02-2012 08:30pm

It's good that so many (like myself) are insisting the problems, however minor, are put right. Hitting JLR in the pocket is the only way they'll improve.

By the way - why do all posts have this random photo of the back of an Evoque?

RE: Car Rejection Process started! - XFullFatTim - 17-02-2012 08:45pm

If you scroll to the bottom of the home page you will see that it means something Dan, they should be different colours

RE: Car Rejection Process started! - The Valeter - 17-02-2012 09:58pm

(17-02-2012 08:12pm)LDT Wrote:  Oh dear. It seems that QC at JLR needs a sharp boot up the backside.

Why change an inbuilt habit?