babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera (/Thread-Is-the-Evoque-easy-to-park-without-the-rear-camera)

Pages: 1 2

Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera - Mounty - 06-02-2012 10:40am

My Dealer doesn't have one without.

RE: Is the Evque to park easy without the rearcamera - mark_n - 06-02-2012 10:55am

It all depends on whether you can see what's behind you in the rear-view mirror. The rear window is high, so some objects disappear out of sight when you are still quite a distance from them. The big mirrors help when reversing through, for example, a gateway but overall, you are still working blind with some types of obstruction such as low bollards.

I rate the rear camera as one of the most useful driving aids and if it avoids a single trip to the body shop to have the rear bumper re-painted, it will have paid for itself.

RE: Is the Evque to park easy without the rearcamera - bell-auto-services - 06-02-2012 11:10am

just try your dealers and as soon as the camera comes on select the radio to stop you looking at the screen, i personally dont use my rear camera i much prefer to use my eyes and do it the old fasion way.

pete

RE: Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera - GibEvoque - 06-02-2012 11:32am

You do have rear parking sensors anyway, plus large mirrors, so is pretty easy, not had any probs yet, more fear of kerbing a wheel when parallel parking.

RE: Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera - The Valeter - 06-02-2012 01:52pm

Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera? - If you passed a driving test then anything should be easy to park!

RE: Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera - XFullFatTim - 06-02-2012 02:13pm

If you can park a Defender hardtop then an Evoque without a cam is easier. The only thing you have remember in the Evoque is that you don't have that 16" fender hanging off the back door to protect you from reversing bumps, but you do have reversing sensors

RE: Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera - Mounty - 06-02-2012 02:25pm

(06-02-2012 01:52pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera? - If you passed a driving test then anything should be easy to park!

LaughingLaughing

RE: Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera - BFGEvoqueMan - 06-02-2012 02:30pm

When I 1st got the car I used the camera alot, now I have reverted to mirrors/looking over my shoulder etc. However, when parallel parking or reversing into a car park slot, I then use the camera to judge how far to go back as the usual visual clues quite literally disappear with about 1.50m to go.

Although, I have never had a problem parking or manouevering in tight spaces, on balance it is probably money well spent, especially if you have any problems with your own personal mobility (ie ability to turn around in your seat etc).

Trust this helpsConfused:

RE: Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera - XFullFatTim - 06-02-2012 02:37pm

In the present weather the cam lens becomes obscured by road muck quickly, so it's not such a great toy in the winter if you have to get out to clean the lens before you reverse into a carpark slot!!

RE: Is the Evoque easy to park without the rear camera - lngrn36 - 06-02-2012 07:06pm

(06-02-2012 02:37pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In the present weather the cam lens becomes obscured by road muck quickly, so it's not such a great toy in the winter if you have to get out to clean the lens before you reverse into a carpark slot!!

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Why not have a little sprayer pointed at the lens so that when you wash the rear glass it will at least rinse of the wet stuff like the headlight sprayers?