babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
[VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Photos & Video (/Forum-Photos-Video)
+--- Thread: [VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running (/Thread-VIDEO-What-if-you-left-the-Evoque-s-key-and-the-engine-was-still-running)

Pages: 1 2

[VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running - Ezandania - 22-01-2012 08:28pm

According to this guy, theoretically your Evoque can be car-jacked to as far as how much fuel you have in-tank at that particular time. Makes you go hmm. How does other marques combat this?

RE: [VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running - Cedric - 22-01-2012 10:03pm

(22-01-2012 08:28pm)Ezandania Wrote:  

According to this guy, theoretically your Evoque can be car-jacked to as far as how much fuel you have in-tank at that particular time. Makes you go hmm. How does other marques combat this?

He didn't open the door while throwing the key out, but threw it through the window. I wonder if it still works if he had opened the door to throw out the key.

RE: [VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running - Claud - 22-01-2012 10:57pm

Mine warns you when the key is absent with the engine running, so it would be hard to drive far without the key unless you never look down at the speedo!

RE: [VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running - LDT - 22-01-2012 11:02pm

When my car arrives, it seems that gone will be the days of getting out of the car, engine running, to close the gates. Really bad habit I know, but this has applied my mind. Must switch off and lock, no matter how quickly I can close the gates. Aside from anything else, I wouldn't be insured, let alone the heartache of losing my make up! Evil

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

RE: [VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running - slee18 - 23-01-2012 12:50am

All cars with the smart keys do this. Since he didn't open the door the system didn't tell him there is no key. My 07 Lexus did the same thing once you open the door it tells you that the key is missing but doesn't stop the motor.

Key is for starting the vehicle not for driving. You can't lock or unlock the doors with the remote when it is running either

RE: [VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running - Biker - 23-01-2012 07:48am

My car also tells me when the engine is running and I open the door and walk away. It starts beeping too.
But seriously, if you keep engine running and door unlocked - you ask for it to be stolen.

RE: [VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running - Sarcastrix - 23-01-2012 08:53am

I took a new Evoque out for a 30min test drive without the key. Dealer started the motor and drove it out of the showroom and accidentally kept the key, I just drove off Laughing

RE: [VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running - XFullFatTim - 23-01-2012 12:07pm

It's all very well until you stop the engine somewhere and then it will not start. To ensure this didn't happen with my car LPR asked me to sign that i had received both keys - I suspect that one of their other clients drove off with the keys still in the showroom or salesman's pocket after the demo of what all the controls do!

RE: [VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running - Sarcastrix - 23-01-2012 01:14pm

(23-01-2012 12:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It's all very well until you stop the engine somewhere and then it will not start.

Oh yes, we were lucky ... and lost. The SAT-NAV was set on Belgium so could not find the dealership again. One brand-new car quickly became an ex-demo Laughing

RE: [VIDEO] What if you left the Evoque's key...and the engine was still running - tetstb - 23-01-2012 05:30pm

Happened to me the other day. Dropped the wife off at a shop and drove round the other side of the car park. After a few yards the car reported smart key missing , ok to clear and I did. The car drove on and I was able to park up and sit and wait about 100m from the shop she was in without issue , engine still running and I was able to have full normal use of the car.