babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: 20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... (/Thread-20-year-old-gets-bottom-scrubbed-and-touched-up)

Pages: 1 2 3

20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... - XFullFatTim - 09-01-2012 06:18pm

Thought that would get your attention! Laughing

The old girl I'm sailing in is in Dubai to celebrate her twentieth birthday with a bottom scrub, have a few battlescars fixed and a general make-over that will take 26 days and see her hopefully remain in service for at least another 5 years. Just wondered if I can manage to get the local 3g wireless internet going fast enough if anybody might be interested in a few photos of the action?

If any of you are in the area then with a few days notice I can arrange for a showround the ship but unfortunately cannot take you into the bottom of the drydock. Drop me a pm if you are around and I will pass on my local mobile phone number

RE: 20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... - lngrn36 - 09-01-2012 06:26pm

Man, I would love to see some pics of any boat! We lived on 40 ft Eggharbor for 10 years. Miss the water badly.

RE: 20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... - XFullFatTim - 09-01-2012 06:41pm

This one isn't a boat Tim.................................... at 800ft long I don't think she qualifies and she sure ain't beautiful! She's a 20 year old containership. I have started a photobucket album of pictures but this evening here the wireless broadband isn't very fast so at the moment there are only 2 photos there. Will post a link when it's got a few more
The album is here http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/jollyjack99/Dubai%20Drydock/

RE: 20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... - caroline11000 - 10-01-2012 12:01am

(09-01-2012 06:41pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  This one isn't a boat Tim.................................... at 800ft long I don't think she qualifies and she sure ain't beautiful! She's a 20 year old containership. I have started a photobucket album of pictures but this evening here the wireless broadband isn't very fast so at the moment there are only 2 photos there. Will post a link when it's got a few more
The album is here http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/jollyjack99/Dubai%20Drydock/
Blimey what a whopper, she makes the Burj Khalifa look small!

RE: 20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... - XFullFatTim - 10-01-2012 04:52pm

More photos have been added and I will try to upload some video too

RE: 20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... - ant - 10-01-2012 09:17pm

Very interesting Tim. Thanks for sharing.
ANT

RE: 20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... - Claud - 10-01-2012 09:55pm

Tim
Do you get to stay on board in dry dock, or is the ship powered down and the quarters not habitable?

I thought you talking about waxoyling your defender chassis for a moment! I did mine last year, very messy job.

RE: 20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... - cjfp - 10-01-2012 09:57pm

Or do you force yourself into one of those grotty 6* hotels!

RE: 20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... - xxxx5 - 10-01-2012 10:02pm

Tim, I might be back over in Dubai next week, so if your about might try to catch up with you.

RE: 20 year old gets bottom scrubbed and touched up..... - Evo-king - 10-01-2012 10:40pm

(10-01-2012 09:17pm)ant Wrote:  Very interesting Tim. Thanks for sharing.
ANT

+1Thumbs Up