babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) (/Thread-The-List-of-Suggested-Improvements-was-2012-Software-Update-List)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - fixmdude - 16-02-2012 06:18am

I thought of another one, unless someone else mentioned it already and I missed it. The bottom of the seat gets really hot but the back doesn't warm up. Cadillac has both a bottom heat and a back heat setting, so you don't have to burn your bum trying to get the rest of your body warm enough.

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - olde - 16-02-2012 06:46am

(16-02-2012 06:18am)fixmdude Wrote:  I thought of another one, unless someone else mentioned it already and I missed it. The bottom of the seat gets really hot but the back doesn't warm up. Cadillac has both a bottom heat and a back heat setting, so you don't have to burn your bum trying to get the rest of your body warm enough.

That's brilliant. Thanks. How did we miss that one? The lack of lumbar heating subconsciously annoys me every time I use the seat heater to fry my nether regions.

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - swabes - 16-02-2012 09:18am

(13-02-2012 02:14pm)LDT Wrote:  Great list, must have taken a while to compile, with loads of patience.

2.7 made me laugh - Larger font, for those users who lack good vision. I would say a visit to Specsavers should be arranged asap!

Have you ever tried to wear reading glasses while driving????????

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - Merf - 16-02-2012 09:36am

great effort putting that list together.

as somebody who works in software design I'd love to be a fly on the wall if/when somebody at LR goes through it, I know my guys don't take the gift of feedback that well at times.

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - jitenc - 16-02-2012 10:52am

Dear Olde,
would you be kind enough to paste all the contributors names in with the list so LR will know that it was compiled, and will need to reply to all of us... might put a bit of pressure on them to listen..
ps. have anyone noticed that the blind spot monitoring on the side wing mirrors is not very sensitive to cyclists or pedestrains.... my mate who is a cyclist wasn't very impressed, when we tried this function while the car was in a stationary mode, and he rode past very slowly...

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - lngrn36 - 16-02-2012 02:54pm

(16-02-2012 09:18am)swabes Wrote:  Have you ever tried to wear reading glasses while driving????????

Bifocal ??
I beginning to think that if LR tried to build a car to suit this group. The car would never go to production....

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - LDT - 16-02-2012 06:24pm

Or variofocal?

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - jitenc - 17-02-2012 11:34am

(16-02-2012 02:54pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  Bifocal ??
I beginning to think that if LR tried to build a car to suit this group. The car would never go to production....

Well, i think allot of people would not have bought the car even if it went in production, due to the milage it is giving at the moment. There is over-exageration of the stated milage from LR compared to real life everyday driving...

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - XFullFatTim - 17-02-2012 10:53pm

(13-02-2012 11:13pm)olde Wrote:  I am also calling Land Rover UK to see if they will comment on The List, or at least thank us all for making the effort.

You can bet your bottom dollar that somebody at LRCS (maybe even Nick) has sent this on to the right department, I also would bet that they have taken a long hard look at at it and will be thinking which items could be introduced at the 3rd year midlife facelift. Don't expect anything before then unless there is a miracle worker now employed at LR. It took 4 years of RRS production before any of the changes suggested there filtered through to the cars and 5 years before they upgraded the interior to the quality that buyers of Range Rovers expected. It is a pity that so many items that were also suggested for 2010 RRS and the 2010MY FFRR remain to be applied to the Evoque, which is also a testbed for some of the new toys destined for the next FFRR
BTW I would love to have Adaptive cruise with forward alert on my Evoque - it was a life saver for me one morning when I nearly ran into the back of an unlit tractor and trailer rumbling along at about 5mph in less than 20ft visibility by warning me that there was something in the road ahead. It did have the downside that it just refused to work in snowy conditions and there was no way to override the system and have conventional cruise - not much fun when you have a 450 mile journey in mid winter in a car that was not stopped by the falling snow but had to have the cruse switched off due to the warning "Detector Blocked"

RE: The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List) - PhilSkill - 18-02-2012 12:06am

Maybe i'm just being stupid but is there a way when browsing your USB to play the folder e.g. the artist/album without entering the folder and selecting track 1? If not could we have a play button at the folder level?

Nice work Olde!