babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Halewood Tour - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Halewood Tour (/Thread-Halewood-Tour)

Halewood Tour - cjfp - 19-04-2011 05:59pm

In case anyone is thinking of booking one, I have been informed that "The next week that we have been informed of an Evoque build is week commencing 16th May. We have not been informed of specific dates but we know there is to be around 50 Evoque's going down the line that week."

RE: Halewood Tour - Urban Splash - 19-04-2011 06:31pm

(19-04-2011 05:59pm)cjfp Wrote:  In case anyone is thinking of booking one, I have been informed that "The next week that we have been informed of an Evoque build is week commencing 16th May. We have not been informed of specific dates but we know there is to be around 50 Evoque's going down the line that week."

50 Evoques w/c 16th May? I know they need promo vehicles etc. but if these are for overseas customers I will be somewhat perplexed....

Surely one of the benefits of buying a car built in the UK is that they cater for the UK market first.....

Why is build for UK orders not commencing until September....

RE: Halewood Tour - XFullFatTim - 19-04-2011 06:49pm

It maybe because they are still training the line staff and need to give them some more practise - I would much rather that they trained the 1500 extra Scousers that have been recruited to build the cars properly on promo cars than have them learn on customer cars

RE: Halewood Tour - Blackseries - 19-04-2011 07:54pm

The May cars are either Dealer Demos (at one point I was told the UK dealers would have Demo cars in June - but that seems to have gone all quiet) - or for the Liverpool Worldwide Launch.

RE: Halewood Tour - GeordieBoy - 19-04-2011 11:00pm

Around 75% of what Land Rover build is exported. The Car is havng a Global launch in Spetember so due to shipping time etc the cars for the world market will be built and exported ready. The Dealer cars will be built first for the UK and no doubt stored for a little bit.

The cars built from May onwards will be for preview events, press cars etc. I would prefer any of my customers cars to be build a few weeks prior to delivery rather than sat in a compound waiting to be shipped to the dealer, it eliminates the risks of birds crap on the paint whilst its sat.

Ref the dealer demos being there in June.... Who ever told you this either doesn't know what he is talking about, is new to the product and didn't attend the November sales staff preview in Farnbourgh, or if they did they didn't listen. Evoque was a full day of this 2 day course, and not once did they ever say a single dealer will have a car before September.

Evoque build - Evoquemaker - 20-04-2011 06:42pm

The cars built in may are still pre production cars. Job one i.e for dealers and customers still on course for july 4th. Xpect change in colours due to japan paint problem. Temp change until new paint pigments supplied by merck ag.

RE: Halewood Tour - Blackseries - 20-04-2011 07:01pm

Looks like we could end up with cars that glow in the dark Smile

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/04/merckkgaa-idUSL3E7F42MP20110404

Also we may get back to the original colours sooner than we thought.....

Glow in the dark paint - Evoquemaker - 20-04-2011 08:43pm

New fukishima yellow to be used. Saves using follow home lights and headlights too. Price to be announced apr 1 2012.

RE: Halewood Tour - mortz - 20-04-2011 10:09pm

(20-04-2011 07:01pm)Blackseries Wrote:  Looks like we could end up with cars that glow in the dark Smile

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/04/merckkgaa-idUSL3E7F42MP20110404

Also we may get back to the original colours sooner than we thought.....

Nice find Cool

RE: Halewood Tour - cjfp - 26-04-2011 09:53pm

One of my guys was passing liverpool today so I got him to go to the LR factory "on the off chance". He couldn't see any in the compound but the Experience centre has a black evoque on show in their reception - will post photos when he gets back. Looks like I might be making that site visit myself in May!