Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Halewood Tour
cjfp

Halewood Tour

In case anyone is thinking of booking one, I have been informed that "The next week that we have been informed of an Evoque build is week commencing 16th May. We have not been informed of specific dates but we know there is to be around 50 Evoque's going down the line that week."

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
19-04-2011 05:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Urban Splash

RE: Halewood Tour

(19-04-2011 05:59pm)cjfp Wrote:  In case anyone is thinking of booking one, I have been informed that "The next week that we have been informed of an Evoque build is week commencing 16th May. We have not been informed of specific dates but we know there is to be around 50 Evoque's going down the line that week."

50 Evoques w/c 16th May? I know they need promo vehicles etc. but if these are for overseas customers I will be somewhat perplexed....

Surely one of the benefits of buying a car built in the UK is that they cater for the UK market first.....

Why is build for UK orders not commencing until September....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
19-04-2011 06:31pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It maybe because they are still training the line staff and need to give them some more practise - I would much rather that they trained the 1500 extra Scousers that have been recruited to build the cars properly on promo cars than have them learn on customer cars

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2011 06:49pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-04-2011 06:49pm
Blackseries

The May cars are either Dealer Demos (at one point I was told the UK dealers would have Demo cars in June - but that seems to have gone all quiet) - or for the Liverpool Worldwide Launch.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
19-04-2011 07:54pm
GeordieBoy

Around 75% of what Land Rover build is exported. The Car is havng a Global launch in Spetember so due to shipping time etc the cars for the world market will be built and exported ready. The Dealer cars will be built first for the UK and no doubt stored for a little bit.

The cars built from May onwards will be for preview events, press cars etc. I would prefer any of my customers cars to be build a few weeks prior to delivery rather than sat in a compound waiting to be shipped to the dealer, it eliminates the risks of birds crap on the paint whilst its sat.

Ref the dealer demos being there in June.... Who ever told you this either doesn't know what he is talking about, is new to the product and didn't attend the November sales staff preview in Farnbourgh, or if they did they didn't listen. Evoque was a full day of this 2 day course, and not once did they ever say a single dealer will have a car before September.
19-04-2011 11:00pm
Evoquemaker

Evoque build

The cars built in may are still pre production cars. Job one i.e for dealers and customers still on course for july 4th. Xpect change in colours due to japan paint problem. Temp change until new paint pigments supplied by merck ag.
20-04-2011 06:42pm
Blackseries

Looks like we could end up with cars that glow in the dark Smile

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/0...MP20110404

Also we may get back to the original colours sooner than we thought.....

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
20-04-2011 07:01pm
Evoquemaker

Glow in the dark paint

New fukishima yellow to be used. Saves using follow home lights and headlights too. Price to be announced apr 1 2012.
20-04-2011 08:43pm
mortz

(20-04-2011 07:01pm)Blackseries Wrote:  Looks like we could end up with cars that glow in the dark Smile

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/0...MP20110404

Also we may get back to the original colours sooner than we thought.....

Nice find Cool
20-04-2011 10:09pm
cjfp

One of my guys was passing liverpool today so I got him to go to the LR factory "on the off chance". He couldn't see any in the compound but the Experience centre has a black evoque on show in their reception - will post photos when he gets back. Looks like I might be making that site visit myself in May!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
26-04-2011 09:53pm