babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! (/Thread-EvoqueLive-free-tickets)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! - cjfp - 19-04-2011 05:41pm

you're lucky, I haven't had any !

RE: EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! - XFullFatTim - 19-04-2011 05:53pm

CJ, you have a PM and email from me!

RE: EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! - cjfp - 19-04-2011 05:57pm

Thanks, but you lie - according to the email, tickets are going fast and time is running out to secure your tickets (!)

It will be interesting as it appears that there are about 200 tickets per session so it may still be a bun-fight to get near a car depending on how many they have there.

RE: EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! - LP - 19-04-2011 08:04pm

Anyone else disappointed that the event is a "theatrical interpretation of the Evoque" rather than an opportunity to spend some time driving it or even for an up close look at it without 199 others trying to sit inside?

I've booked in for the Sunday in London. Grateful if those that attend before the Sunday can let me know if the theatre bit is a load of old nonsense.

RE: EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! - paulus599 - 19-04-2011 09:55pm

From the timings it looks like each slot will only last an hour. I'm expecting about 50 mins of theatrical nonsense followed by 10 mins of a mad scrabble to get near a car. I really hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to be more about marketing hype rather than getting up close and personal.

RE: EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! - Wicksy - 19-04-2011 10:20pm

(19-04-2011 09:55pm)paulus599 Wrote:  From the timings it looks like each slot will only last an hour. I'm expecting about 50 mins of theatrical nonsense followed by 10 mins of a mad scrabble to get near a car. I really hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to be more about marketing hype rather than getting up close and personal.

Hope not Paulus, I'm travelling down to Manchester on June 4 in the hope to get a good look - I'm used to travelling disappointed though because I follow Sunderland football club up and down the country every weekCrying

RE: EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! - paulus599 - 19-04-2011 10:28pm

I'm away when the Manchester event is on, so I'm going to the Birmingham one instead, even further to travel but going to book into a hotel for the Saturday night and make a weekend of it - still praying that it's worth the journey tho!

RE: EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! - Charlie - 19-04-2011 11:50pm

Laughing

Hope it won't be that bad but Tim's second invite not a good sign. My first one didn't arrive yet. And stop all moaning about locations, that's two out of three north of Watford Very Happy
Shame about the lads wicksy (am married to another disappointed mackem)

RE: EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! - LP - 20-04-2011 07:08am

(19-04-2011 09:55pm)paulus599 Wrote:  From the timings it looks like each slot will only last an hour. I'm expecting about 50 mins of theatrical nonsense followed by 10 mins of a mad scrabble to get near a car. I really hope I'm wrong, but I think it's going to be more about marketing hype rather than getting up close and personal.

I thought it might be around 45-50 mins of the theatrical bit... And then you get shown into another area where you can go 'hands on with the car'. Meanwhile another show will start up.

RE: EvoqueLive ...free tickets ! - cjfp - 20-04-2011 07:16am

again, if LR are reading this, pls make sure we get plenty of hands on time and less theatrics at the live events !