babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Auto Express off road - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Auto Express off road (/Thread-Auto-Express-off-road)

Pages: 1 2

Auto Express off road - Charlie - 11-04-2011 03:20pm

After all the journalists had a quick test drive last week, this week they obviously all went to the same off road site. Nice to see different shots in the daylight. Think the lime looks less stunning out of the press shots.

Has anyone called LR experience yet to find out when centres might get one? I could do that and report back, probably with no news at all!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/266539/range_rover_evoque_offroad.html

RE: Auto Express off road - XFullFatTim - 11-04-2011 03:32pm

Good find Charlie, one inconsistancy in the article though............ at the beginning it states
Quote:Sensors in each corner of the model tell the Terrain Response computer when to automatically switch to off-road settings.

then they say
Quote: And as you pull on to an unsealed surface, it becomes immediately obvious that the firm suspension which gives the Evoque its dynamic edge on tarmac isn’t suitable for a rough road. Our heads are tossed about as we’re thrown around in our seats. But once you’ve engaged the Terrain Response’s off-road setting, everything settles down instantly.

Have I misread something but to me in one breath they say it changes automatically and in the next that you have to manally selct TR setting for offroad - I suspect the second and that if you go off road in Dynamic mode it will change the suspension settings automatically regardless of which TR setting you select

RE: Auto Express off road - Urban Splash - 11-04-2011 09:56pm

Looks like a Pure in the photos.... I quite like the colour!

RE: Auto Express off road - GeordieBoy - 11-04-2011 10:46pm

Same car as Car magazine took offroad at Gaydon

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Community/Car-Magazines-Blogs/Chris-Chilton-Blog/Off-road-in-the-Range-Rover-Evoque

RE: Auto Express off road - Kermit - 12-04-2011 05:47am

(11-04-2011 09:56pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Looks like a Pure in the photos.... I quite like the colour!

The bling grill, side embellishments, and chrome badge and tailgate trim says it's a Prestige. I'm loving the colour more and more. These type of non-studio shots show how the colour really is.

RE: Auto Express off road - Urban Splash - 12-04-2011 07:08am

(12-04-2011 05:47am)Kermit Wrote:  
(11-04-2011 09:56pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Looks like a Pure in the photos.... I quite like the colour!

The bling grill, side embellishments, and chrome badge and tailgate trim says it's a Prestige. I'm loving the colour more and more. These type of non-studio shots show how the colour really is.

Evoque badge on the rear is black. Also no chrome trim under the window line. It's a Pure.

RE: Auto Express off road - Kermit - 12-04-2011 07:31am

Not the photos of the Colima Lime vehicle in the Autoexpress photos I looked at. Everything is chrome.

RE: Auto Express off road - Urban Splash - 12-04-2011 07:42am

Have another look.... No silver trim under windows.

RE: Auto Express off road - Firebird - 12-04-2011 07:44am

Don't you like a good discussion. I am guessing that it is a pre-production Evoque, in which case they have stated that they generally a mixture. So chances are it is a Pure and a Prestige, Pure from the back, Prestige from the front and maybe Dynamic from the side. Smile

RE: Auto Express off road - Kermit - 12-04-2011 08:23am

(12-04-2011 07:42am)Urban Splash Wrote:  Have another look.... No silver trim under windows.

Give you that.
(12-04-2011 07:44am)Firebird Wrote:  Don't you like a good discussion. I am guessing that it is a pre-production Evoque, in which case they have stated that they generally a mixture. So chances are it is a Pure and a Prestige, Pure from the back, Prestige from the front and maybe Dynamic from the side. Smile

On my monitor the tailgate trim and Evoque badge look chrome. Article does state it's a pre-production vehicle.
[Image: car_photo_434926_25.jpg]