Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto Express off road
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Auto Express off road

After all the journalists had a quick test drive last week, this week they obviously all went to the same off road site. Nice to see different shots in the daylight. Think the lime looks less stunning out of the press shots.

Has anyone called LR experience yet to find out when centres might get one? I could do that and report back, probably with no news at all!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/...froad.html
11-04-2011 03:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Auto Express off road

Good find Charlie, one inconsistancy in the article though............ at the beginning it states
Quote:Sensors in each corner of the model tell the Terrain Response computer when to automatically switch to off-road settings.

then they say
Quote: And as you pull on to an unsealed surface, it becomes immediately obvious that the firm suspension which gives the Evoque its dynamic edge on tarmac isn’t suitable for a rough road. Our heads are tossed about as we’re thrown around in our seats. But once you’ve engaged the Terrain Response’s off-road setting, everything settles down instantly.

Have I misread something but to me in one breath they say it changes automatically and in the next that you have to manally selct TR setting for offroad - I suspect the second and that if you go off road in Dynamic mode it will change the suspension settings automatically regardless of which TR setting you select

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2011 03:44pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-04-2011 03:32pm
Urban Splash

Looks like a Pure in the photos.... I quite like the colour!

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
11-04-2011 09:56pm
GeordieBoy

Same car as Car magazine took offroad at Gaydon

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Community/C...ver-Evoque
11-04-2011 10:46pm
Kermit

(11-04-2011 09:56pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Looks like a Pure in the photos.... I quite like the colour!

The bling grill, side embellishments, and chrome badge and tailgate trim says it's a Prestige. I'm loving the colour more and more. These type of non-studio shots show how the colour really is.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 05:52am by Kermit.)
12-04-2011 05:47am
Urban Splash

(12-04-2011 05:47am)Kermit Wrote:  
(11-04-2011 09:56pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Looks like a Pure in the photos.... I quite like the colour!

The bling grill, side embellishments, and chrome badge and tailgate trim says it's a Prestige. I'm loving the colour more and more. These type of non-studio shots show how the colour really is.

Evoque badge on the rear is black. Also no chrome trim under the window line. It's a Pure.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
12-04-2011 07:08am
Kermit

Not the photos of the Colima Lime vehicle in the Autoexpress photos I looked at. Everything is chrome.
12-04-2011 07:31am
Urban Splash

Have another look.... No silver trim under windows.

12-04-2011 07:42am
Firebird

Don't you like a good discussion. I am guessing that it is a pre-production Evoque, in which case they have stated that they generally a mixture. So chances are it is a Pure and a Prestige, Pure from the back, Prestige from the front and maybe Dynamic from the side. Smile
12-04-2011 07:44am
Kermit

(12-04-2011 07:42am)Urban Splash Wrote:  Have another look.... No silver trim under windows.

Give you that.
(12-04-2011 07:44am)Firebird Wrote:  Don't you like a good discussion. I am guessing that it is a pre-production Evoque, in which case they have stated that they generally a mixture. So chances are it is a Pure and a Prestige, Pure from the back, Prestige from the front and maybe Dynamic from the side. Smile

On my monitor the tailgate trim and Evoque badge look chrome. Article does state it's a pre-production vehicle.
[Image: car_photo_434926_25.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 08:27am by Kermit.)
12-04-2011 08:23am