babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
All Threads about Delays merged into one - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: All Threads about Delays merged into one (/Thread-All-Threads-about-Delays-merged-into-one)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - V8M3 - 15-10-2011 11:27am

If they don't get it sorted the Evoque may end up being the car of choice for a remake of Back to the Future

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - XFullFatTim - 15-10-2011 11:39am

No it will become Tata's version of the Hoover Free Flights offer.................. a laughing stock

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Urban Splash - 15-10-2011 12:57pm

I have been notified of a further delay to my car. Last week it was for delivery in between Christmas and new year. Now, just 'next year'. Really disappointed. As a new customer to LR, I'm not impressed. The dealers are in an awful position. Obviously this is affecting Freelander deliveries also. With winter fast approaching, it's a disaster for LR.

It was mentioned that a letter has been issued to dealers explaining current build dates shown on vista are inaccurate. There will be a re-scheduling exercise on Wednesday this week, build dates shown from this point will be more accurate.

Not very happy....

Oh, and they had estimated 50 50 split for coupe/5 door. In reality, 5 door has sold way more, hence the supply issues and delays for 5 door.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - berlin2011 - 15-10-2011 04:28pm

(15-10-2011 12:57pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Oh, and they had estimated 50 50 split for coupe/5 door. In reality, 5 door has sold way more, hence the supply issues and delays for 5 door.

I was at the dealers this morning (dealer launch in SA today) and I was struck by the fact that both dealers I went to (one had 10 cars on the floor and the other had 4 on the floor and 2 demos) every single car was 5 door…..

A bit of a let down as I wanted to see the coupe (although I had a long look at the coupe at the Johannesburg International Motor Show last week), but still was surprised to not see a single coupe between 16 cars at dealerships….

So suppose in a long winded way, yes 5 door seems way more popular.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - XFullFatTim - 15-10-2011 04:34pm

IIRC at the launch LR reckoned 25% Coupe and 75% 5 Doors as the split.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - berlin2011 - 15-10-2011 04:50pm

Dealer was surprised as well but did mention that the entire first batch of cars was ordered directly by LR SA, so no customer specced cars in the batch being delivered on Monday - all those were bought off a list of LR ordered cars…

So they have something like 5 firenze red, with white pano roof and verve interior cars on the floor now (all locked ready for collection nxt week)

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - mark_n - 15-10-2011 05:18pm

(15-10-2011 11:16am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Mark, the recent fatal accident at the factory was in the panel pressing dept - possibly the die involved was for a door for the 5 door version and HSE has stopped all processes in that area of the factory until their investigations are complete.

Yes I know that and if the area is still closed, they won't be making any cars. Even if it's not, you can imagine that if the die for one of the 5 pressing operations for a door is damaged, it's a major problem for them.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - XFullFatTim - 15-10-2011 05:23pm

Not something that you can just get off the shelf I would imagine........... the names at Lloyds' must be having fits worrying about how much the insurers are going to have to pay out for all this!

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - Jonathon555 - 15-10-2011 05:27pm

I went to place a deposit today & was told delivery would be July .

I did not put my deposit down, I am going to have a think about it.

It was the words " there is no gaurantee For July delivery"

If L R don't get a grip, it could see customers shopping elsewhere, yet the promotion band wagon rolls on.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - mark_n - 15-10-2011 05:58pm

You can imagine "Good News, Bad News. The Good News is that our delivery guesses will now be much more accurate. The Bad News is we'll only guess the year and leave you to guess the month and day."

I agree JLR need to get a grip otherwise it will turn into one of those case studies in Business Schools.