Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
All Threads about Delays merged into one
gomark

How long is too long?

I know that delays are the big topic. My order has (currently) been put back from early November to the first week of December.

For me, due to my business, I need the car before the potential snow comes down, so the big advantage of the car is it's capabilities in the adverse weather. I have relied on Mrs. K's Grand Cherokee over recent years which is magnificent in the snow, but she is sick of paying for fuel on 22mpg for 50 weeks of the year, only for me to confiscate it for the 2 weeks of the year when it comes into it's own! But that is going in a months time. For me, if they said January, I'd have to think of a Plan B.

11-10-2011 08:26pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: How long is too long?

Same for me, I need the car before the end of the year, mainly for financial reasons. I never imagined it would become a problem when I ordered in January 2011. Now I'm seriously thinking about cancelling my order, with pain in the heart, but LR is really messing it up. Delays are not even the biggest issue... not having indications for the delivery and not receiving feedback from my dealer is making it far worse. Another guy who lives close also ordered an Evoque and cancelled a few weeks ago for similar reasons. Still hesitating what I should do.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
11-10-2011 08:42pm
hybris

In the same situation. Non communication makes me crazy. Called my dealer today and no info at all on "when". Just that its delayed! I don't know if its December or January! Wonder if someone else can check Vista...

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
11-10-2011 08:45pm
griff

What is the position regarding the £2000 deposit if you cancel folks.
I was under the impression if I cancelled I would loose it.
On the other hand if delivery has been delayed where do we stand legally?
Thoughts?
Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
11-10-2011 08:46pm
hybris

No deposit for me. I was extremely clear to my dealer that I accept no delays. November production. So Im sure he will honor that I cancell. Its an agreement even if its not in writing. Do have email threads saved. The question right now is just "how long is the delay"? I know nothing so cannot act. Will wait a week or two but if there are no information then I will call and cancel. Not ok to not have a delivery date. The hint of January is a no go for me. I will then keep my X5 for a year or two. Still a superb ride. Probably go for the new X5 that should be launched in the end of 2012 or early 2013 as the replacement. That is my plan B. Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
11-10-2011 08:53pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Looking back through my paperwork and at the paperwork for the deposit I have put down on a DC-100 it states that the deposits are fully refundable if I want to pull out of the deal. But then I do have a first rate dealership that I deal with

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-10-2011 08:59pm
hybris

Should be no question if they delay the delivery. They should honor that without any more questions. Just assume they do as I don't think they want bad PR. Sure they expect to sell any cancelled cars anyway. (if the economy don't go down the drain in Europe)

11-10-2011 09:09pm
Spiderman

Irrespective of small print, any deposit is refundable by law in the UK providing the car has not gone into build, after which it is up to your negotiations with your Dealers!

Just so you know, it's not the Dealers who are stalling answering or updating you on your Evoques, Tim and I have spoken separately to our excellent Dealer contacts today & they have confirmed that they are not receiving any updates from Land Rover regarding the numerous delays and date changes LR are enforcing on everyone & it is causing them an enormous amount of angst and bad blood with their clients.

Land Rover need to pull their fingers out and start giving feedback and updates into the Channel and onto this Forum so we and countless others are continually updated on the situation of our orders as we, the Land Rover long-term owners, cannot continue indefinitely to praise their products when the management have so obviously dropped a huge ball with this magnificent product, it's a bloody joke and they should be ashamed to have dealt with their clients in this manner!

As a businessman, I also feel very sorry for the Dealers as they have invested time and energy to process your orders and some of you are cancelling which means they will have worked for nothing and that has to be demoralising and if LR had got their act together everyone would have still been very happy....great pity as it's a fantastic car folks!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 01:48am by Spiderman.)
12-10-2011 01:38am
occlusion

If the Dealers are having a tough time getting any informations for their customers from LAND ROVER, wonder anyone on this FORUM has contacted LAND ROVER PR complaining about the delays or explanations? Anyone has any knowledge or know how to write to the LAND ROVER management? May be with enough complaints from customers ,LAND ROVER would take some actions to rectify the problem!

On Order : 5 dr. Dynamic, Auto, Firenze Red, Pano Roof, plus lots of options 20 " wheels
12-10-2011 04:52am
hybris

Yes maybe time to act together? Someone on the forum that have the right contacts and can ping them on behalf of us all? The current situation with no info is not ok.

12-10-2011 06:09am