babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
All Threads about Delays merged into one - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: All Threads about Delays merged into one (/Thread-All-Threads-about-Delays-merged-into-one)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

LR delivery update - upstoke - 15-10-2011 01:02am

Dealer informs me my delivery put back to Jan 20, not Dec 30. Told me he is expecting notification from LR about ALL delivery dates on monday! Hope the Ford Ka I rescued from being scrapped will last until Jan or Feb or March......Wife told me I should have taken out 6 month lease on X5 I was offered.

ordered
Dynamic.SD4.Auto. Firenze.Verve.Contrast pan.Privacy.Shadow 20".Everything lights.Lazy tail.TPMS and a spare!

RE: LR delivery update - kevoque - 15-10-2011 09:19am

Yes I was told the same yesterday delays on doors and petrol engines and xenons a full update will be given and all new delivery dates will be issued on Monday things could slide either way
Not looking good at all down at the factory

RE: LR delivery update - Tekno - 15-10-2011 09:27am

Wow. This is not looking good. How frustrating to have waited so long and now to be hit with so many delays. I'm getting quite worked up thinking about it!

I think I'll have to go for a relaxing drive in my new Evoque to calm me down.

RE: LR delivery update - ED209 - 15-10-2011 09:29am

Well my order doesnt have xenons and it doesnt have a petrol engine, no pano roof either so looking good for the date to possibly come forward. Oh bugger it has doors - looks like im snookered.

RE: LR delivery update - XFullFatTim - 15-10-2011 10:02am

Does it have 2 or 4 doors ED? Production of Coupes is rumoured to have been racked up another couple of notches........... of course each car that is changed from a 4 door to a 2 door is another £1000 profit to LR, maybe they should offer a discounted price to anybody who would like to switch to a Coupe

RE: LR delivery update - cjfp - 15-10-2011 10:25am

Er, Tim, I'm 100% sure that all 5Dr people are perfectly happy with their order and won't want to change to a Coupe (and put stress on that build and hence push mine back further) so that's the last I want to hear on the subject ok?!

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - mk82 - 15-10-2011 10:46am

There have to be more then a discounted offer for only 3 doors instead of 5.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - V8M3 - 15-10-2011 10:54am

I like many of you am getting increasingly frustrated with LR. I have been advised my slot has moved from 17th Nov to 9th Dec. Given I have ordered 5door Prestige with everything on it, looks like the 9th is a bit unrealistic.

Would not mind but have had to let my winter car go back at the end of its 3 year lease, and V8 M3's are high performance road polishers in the snow.

Thanks LR, it's a shame the production process is not as polished as your marketing.

Have to seriously consider a German purchase if they don't pull this back.

It's really starting to knock the shine n excitement off this purchase.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - mark_n - 15-10-2011 11:10am

It's interesting they talk of "a shortage of 5 door body shells" as if they were coming in from Timbuktu. Truth is of course that they are made interchangeably on the same line with feeder lines of completed closures - doors and bonnets, so it sounds as if something has gone wrong with the door or side panel pressings for the 5 door. The coupe doors are of course different from both the front and back doors of the 5 door.

RE: All Threads about Delays merged into one - XFullFatTim - 15-10-2011 11:16am

Mark, the recent fatal accident at the factory was in the panel pressing dept - possibly the die involved was for a door for the 5 door version and HSE has stopped all processes in that area of the factory until their investigations are complete.