babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
White vs. Grey in daylight - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: White vs. Grey in daylight (/Thread-White-vs-Grey-in-daylight)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: White vs. Grey in daylight - XFullFatTim - 02-08-2011 11:37am

There is a member & Sponsor here - Pete Bell of Bell Auto Srvices - who has a fantastic reputation on the other LR and RR forums for his re-maps, and they are not chips he sells they are full on ECU remaps that can be reset. Many RRS & D3/D4 owners have them so he has cred!

RE: White vs. Grey in daylight - Sassy - 02-08-2011 01:07pm

(02-08-2011 07:37am)FullFatTim Wrote:  Sorry but having seen them in the flesh now Black doesn't suit the Evoque at all, it looses all the sharpness of the design.

Yes I very much agree, the black cars were disappointing. I was behind one most of my test drive and I can't put my finger on why but it just didn't look right.

RE: White vs. Grey in daylight - vinny - 02-08-2011 06:06pm

I agree about the black I saw it at Gleneagles also and think its a bit plain,know it sounds silly but the lines and angles are just not defined the same as some other colours.
I thought the red was the star of the show but as I have said previous this was because all the red cars were dynamics with the nice smoky 20's.
I also thought the whites were not being shown off to their best as they were all prestige with the polished chrome like wheels with no privacy glass.
The pure may surprise a few people when they eventually see one as the side blade fender along the bottom of the doors are black not chrome (I believe) along with a black grille,bonnet vents and side vents should look mean....I hope!!!

RE: White vs. Grey in daylight - pureevoque - 02-08-2011 09:12pm

(02-08-2011 11:37am)FullFatTim Wrote:  There is a member & Sponsor here - Pete Bell of Bell Auto Srvices - who has a fantastic reputation on the other LR and RR forums for his re-maps, and they are not chips he sells they are full on ECU remaps that can be reset. Many RRS & D3/D4 owners have them so he has cred!

I'm fairly sure the Evoque will have tuning protection, nearly all cars do now, so the only way to remap will be ECU out Crying

RE: White vs. Grey in daylight - 3VOQU3 - 03-08-2011 06:32am

(02-08-2011 09:12pm)pureevoque Wrote:  
(02-08-2011 11:37am)FullFatTim Wrote:  There is a member & Sponsor here - Pete Bell of Bell Auto Srvices - who has a fantastic reputation on the other LR and RR forums for his re-maps, and they are not chips he sells they are full on ECU remaps that can be reset. Many RRS & D3/D4 owners have them so he has cred!

I'm fairly sure the Evoque will have tuning protection, nearly all cars do now, so the only way to remap will be ECU out Crying

If the evoque is using the future Focus ST engine, these always have great plug and play tuners like Dreamscience..