Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
White vs. Grey in daylight
j7david

White vs. Grey in daylight

[Image: 5854354670_88d791a9cc_b.jpg]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=92]

I'm being pulled more and more to the grey.

Hadn't seen the first of those two pics posted before so thought I'd share it (http://www.flickr.com/photos/64312021@N06/5854354670/)

2nd pic from the "field of dreams" thread
17-07-2011 09:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
berlin2011

RE: White vs. Grey in daylight

The first pic was shared previously ( http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Any-pics-...58#pid3958 ) - actually from my Flickr page from when I was going through the agony of which colour myself.

I went for Stonoway (in March when I placed my order) so the paint issue resulting in Orkney made me a little nervous hence the search for any glimpse of Orkney.

I considered changing to Fuji White for a while but in the end decided to stick it out (mostly since my interior being Element is already very light). Now that Orkney is coming out into the open so to speak I'm actually very happy with the choice.

What interior etc. are you going for? That may help you decide on Orkney vs Fuji

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 17-07-2011 10:10pm by berlin2011.)
17-07-2011 10:09pm
brommy

A few of my thoughts:

A couple of years ago, I never thought I would consider buying a white car; after all, work vans were white. For the last year or so, white has been fashionable and, despite those who don’t like it trying to claim its last year’s colour, white is still fashionable. How long for remains to be seen, but with an increasing amount of non-white work vans on the road (silver seems common, as is mine), it leaves the way for white to remain popular.

I currently own a dark blue car and I’m tired of how easily a dark coloured car shows even the slightest of scratches, something that a white car will hide well and better than the grey which is also quite dark. My dark blue also shows road dirt easily and oddly, black can be worse than white in this respect. However, I imagine grey would show dirt less than white.

The grey is more masculine than the white but is a little dull for my liking; in the first photo it almost blends in with the road it’s on! White is more obvious without being as full on as the red.

Between my need for a car that shows the inevitable minor scratches less and the fact that it’s free, IF I order an Evoque it may well be in white. I will then spend the money ‘saved’ on a glass roof which, as luck would have it, also helps the car from looking ‘too white’!
17-07-2011 11:27pm
vision*R

Wow, you've just summed up all my thoughts exactly. I've chosen white with exactly the same arguments.
In the end, I think a white Evoque will be a head-turner while a grey one will pass unnoticed much more easily. Never owned a white car myself (previously dark blue, silver and silver) but with this car I really think it's the right colour. Even with my Element interior - LR showed off this combo often which makes me even more confident.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
18-07-2011 07:29am
SW6RR

I've always thought (and I think I've said on the forum) that white is to the Evoque exactly what white is to the VW Scirocco. It's true that you can get the Scirocco in a wide range of colours, but whenever I see one that isn't white I just think to myself "why"??
18-07-2011 09:41am
QUATTROMAN

(18-07-2011 09:41am)SW6RR Wrote:  I've always thought (and I think I've said on the forum) that white is to the Evoque exactly what white is to the VW Scirocco. It's true that you can get the Scirocco in a wide range of colours, but whenever I see one that isn't white I just think to myself "why"??

My thoughts exactly.... Biased !!! as we have Scirocco in White..Soon to be replaced by Evoque Dynamic in White no less.
Shame we can't keep the Scirocco as well ,then we would have the two best looking (standard production) cars to come out in recent years.....omn our driveway ..in White!!! In my Humble opinion...
18-07-2011 01:07pm
berlin2011

OK, here's the first proper photo of the Orkney Grey Evoque - in Dynamic trim this one with style 6 wheels.

Comments?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
18-07-2011 01:20pm
j7david

(18-07-2011 01:20pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  OK, here's the first proper photo of the Orkney Grey Evoque - in Dynamic trim this one with style 6 wheels.

Comments?

Can anyone open that attachment pic or is it just me having problems?
18-07-2011 01:27pm
Blackseries

(18-07-2011 01:20pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  OK, here's the first proper photo of the Orkney Grey Evoque - in Dynamic trim this one with style 6 wheels.

Comments?

Thanks for that ..... it looks great. A Dynamic too.
I would like to see an Orkney Grey Dynamic with Black roof to see if that adds anything.

I also might go with a Prestige front grill and side vents to give it a bit of a lift.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2011 01:39pm by Blackseries.)
18-07-2011 01:34pm
Robbo

Comments?

Orkney Grey looks just fantastic. In my opinion the best color.
18-07-2011 01:41pm