Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
underfloor space, remove styrofoam for more Luggage Space
WB
WB

RE: underfloor space, remove styrofoam for more Luggage Space

(26-01-2012 03:08pm)KPNuts Wrote:  Fire extinguishers has gone down the big space under the relays and I guess is resting on the wheel arch now (put it in a fabric sleeve).

It would have been so much simpler if they had put a similar locker as for the relays on the right side of the bootRolling Eyes

They couldn't as they had to make the recess so a set of golf clubs fits!

Will you be able to get to your fire extinguisher quickly if you need it?
26-01-2012 03:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dandavis1

I've stashed a cake of DVDs in the middle of the spare wheel under there. Shame I can't use the bloody DVDs cos of RR's decision to not allow the player to work for more that 10mins without the engine running.
26-01-2012 06:13pm
KPNuts

(26-01-2012 03:39pm)WB Wrote:  Will you be able to get to your fire extinguisher quickly if you need it?
Yes, as its just a case of pulling cover off and pulling extinguisher up. Also put a extinguisher sign on cover so others can also see it.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
26-01-2012 06:26pm
WB
WB

(26-01-2012 06:26pm)KPNuts Wrote:  Yes, as its just a case of pulling cover off and pulling extinguisher up. Also put a extinguisher sign on cover so others can also see it.

Cool - I might look at relocating mine in that case. I've currently got it on a bracket which is cable tied to that cover.
26-01-2012 06:35pm
bell-auto-services

I have the LR fire extinguisher and it fits to the lower front of the passanger seat a bit like they do in BMW's with also a boot fitting option, ive not fitted it yet so am unsure how it will look in the flesh but I think its going to be better on the seat and an easer accesable place than in the boot incase of a fire and a need for it fast Smile PDF and part number below

Just my opinion.

Pete

Attached File(s)
.pdf  VPLVS0122.pdf (Size: 1.38 MB / Downloads: 56)

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 10:04pm by bell-auto-services.)
26-01-2012 09:56pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(26-01-2012 09:56pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  I have the LR fire extinguisher and it fits to the lower front of the passanger seat a bit like they do in BMW's with also a boot fitting option, ive not fitted it yet so am unsure how it will look in the flesh but I think its going to be better on the seat and an easer accesable place than in the boot incase of a fire and a need for it fast Smile PDF and part number below

Just my opinion.

Pete

Do you know if the bracket is available separately? What appears to be the same extinguisher is £23 from Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kidde-KSF1GM-1-0...304&sr=8-3
26-01-2012 11:52pm
KPNuts

(26-01-2012 09:56pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  I have the LR fire extinguisher and it fits to the lower front of the passanger seat a bit like they do in BMW's with also a boot fitting option, ive not fitted it yet so am unsure how it will look in the flesh but I think its going to be better on the seat and an easer accesable place than in the boot incase of a fire and a need for it fast Smile
Just my opinion.

Pete
I was originally going to put it on front of passenger seat, but decided that it stuck forward too much and would be VERY visible, completely ruining the interior looks. Also quite vulnerable to feet when getting in and out. This is in a Prestige Coupe. May be different with Pure or Dynamic seats.

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
27-01-2012 11:12am
Ralf

Hi,

this photo shows the luggage compartment with the spare wheel styrofoam box instead of the tire fit version.

[Image: rangeroverevoquestaurau.jpg]

The price in Germany ist about € 240,--.

Who has this one in his car and can tell us how deep ist the space / height when you remove the wheel ?
The Standard version has 15,5 cm / 6,1 inch.

Ralf

Evoque Si4 Prestige, Order August 2011, Delivery February 2012
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 10:37pm by Ralf.)
04-03-2012 10:35pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If you tuned the spare upside down so it were face down so to speak then you have another storage space in the middle of the wheel for gloves, vest and first aid kit and possibly even the fire extinguisher.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2012 10:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-03-2012 10:44pm
Barneyridge

I just checked, albeit I did not take the spare out as I am at work. I put a tape down beside the spare ( the tape was against the tread at about the middle) and the depth to the top of the foam was 200 mm. The base does look variable and I think there is a dish like effect, ie deeper in the center. The front (closest to the rear bumper) was shallower.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
04-03-2012 10:47pm