Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ordered an RR Evoque
boinzo

RE: ordered an RR Evoque

Just picked it up a couple of hours ago. This car rocks. Really happy with my choices although not stoked with the heat (and every other damn thing on the electromagnetic spectrum) blocking windscreen. Guess I'll adapt soon enough!
Planning a drive to some rolling green hills tomorrow so I can take Mark on in the photo department!
Hope your day went well Mark and you are enjoying your long drive!

Ipanema TD4 Auto Dynamic 5dr, Black Pano, 20" S7, Pursuit. Built 12/02/13, At the dealer! BOOOOO YAH!
26-04-2013 07:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Crimdog

Congrats boinzo, enjoy your new toy! Did you test the TD4 and the SD4? I am so torn as to whether or not to spend the extra pennies on the later. Where are you going to go on your first evoque adventure?
26-04-2013 07:36am
T89

Congrats!

I recently picked up mine as well and can't stop smiling!!

T

'10 BMW Z4 & '13 RR Evoque
26-04-2013 08:38am
boinzo

Thanks Crimdog. I drove an SD4 at test. But communication with a few on the "other" forum led me to think the TD4 would do the job. I guess if you jumped straight between them you might notice. But the TD4 is no slouch. I am more than happy with the performance in my few minutes this afternoon. Will get a better idea tomorrow when we go for a fang out of Brisbane and up to the mountains. Mostly so long as I can roll on from 80-90kph to 120kph pretty quickly for over-taking I'm good. I have no need to smash people at the lights. And I just can't see the $2 or $3K in it to be honest. So I put that money towards a contrast pano roof. The roof is fantastic. ordering without it should result in cruel and unusual punishment!
I'm also taking off on a 3 week camping trip (that will see the Evoque of road in the outback) up through central western Qld and back into Cairns and down the coast. I leave in a few weeks once I'm sure this thing isn't gonna bust on me!

Ipanema TD4 Auto Dynamic 5dr, Black Pano, 20" S7, Pursuit. Built 12/02/13, At the dealer! BOOOOO YAH!
26-04-2013 08:40am
Mark^^

Congratulations again boinzo, I echo your joy at this new car.

I had a great day, it was nice to pick up the car on a day off. I arrived at the dealers and did lots of talking and then spoke to the service department guy, learning all about the new service system which see all service records no going online, rather than in a book with a stamp.

The only hitch was the business guy did not manage to get to the appointment, so that only delays linking my novated lease agreement with Smart Salary, but not a big issue and can wait till next week.

At the dealership there always seems to be a new car lurking under a big green cover that I though was some special car being released, but I did get a hell of a surprise when Garreth asked me to stand near it for a minute and that I might like to get my camera ready, which is when the penny finally dropped.

So after the unveiling and an explanation of all the technology I drove off for a drive in the Brindabellas via the Cotter Dam to Corin Dam. Lots of twisty roads and some straight stretches and the car took it all in comfort and with similar driving response as my Subaru Liberty GT with its performance system. I am of course being careful to not overdo it in its first 1,000km and varied speed and revs as I went, but on one occasion I did look at the speedo while going down a straight stretch and saw 130km so backed off. I drives like a dream and is an enjoyable ride.

Unfortunately the car is already a bit dirty, from the drive and then travelling down the dirt road leading to our property.

So here is one teaser photo and the rest will go in a new thread and tonight I will wade my way through the owners handbook, glad there is only one as there were three, large than this one, for my Liberty.

[Image: DSC02758_zps49ac250c.jpg]

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
26-04-2013 10:58am
BA74

Congrats mate! Quite impressive when they pull it back isn't it. Reminds me of when I picked mine up from Lennock!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
26-04-2013 11:18am
heronb

Really?

Green Draylon. NiceShocked

Bet the car looks better with it off.
26-04-2013 04:45pm