Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
iOS 7 and Evoque
iat

RE: iOS 7 and Evoque

(10-03-2014 10:46pm)MarkA_ Wrote:  From Apples website, Jaguar and Land Rover are listed as a partner for support in future model years.

The bottom of this page.

http://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

Yes, but i think that it just necessary to update the software to get works in the currents RRE. I think that is not necessary to change any component of hardware and hope that in the future LR it could release this update. It's very important for me. The nav of LR is very poor and doesn't work fine.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 09:30am by iat.)
11-03-2014 09:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkA_

iOS 7 and Evoque

Oh yes but Its possible the existing hardware is likely not powerful enough for Car Play.

I wouldn't hold your breath on ever getting an update to the existing systems as they have just finished implementing the InControl apps which do something similar in concept if not in execution.

Also, the existing software is light years behind marquees like BMW maybe they will take this as an opportunity to refresh the entire system including the hardware.

Now: MY14 Dynamic Mauritius Blue/Contrast Pano, IP, BP, PIP, Powered Tailgate, IncontrolR+S, etc.
History: '08 BMW 123d MSport Coupe, '01 Mini Cooper, '91 BMW 316i, '96 Mitsubishi FTO, '96 Mazda 323, '88 Holden Camira
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 10:18am by MarkA_.)
11-03-2014 10:17am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Hopefully all the LR surveys that get posted here by various departments researching customer views on technology might lead to something slicker and less clunky (read old tech) and a bit ahead of the game. While I don't want every vehicle on the road to have the same software I must admit that LR has sat on its laurels with regards to in car iT.
I have had no issues with what we get apart from it being slow - but then I work for a company that is at the forefront of the maritime world yet ships built this year have computer networks running on Windows 2000 and pre-Vista systems for no other reason that they know that they work and are stable in the marine environment, later versions of windows software are "not proven" so why risk a disaster when you have kit that works? I suspect that it is much the same at LR, it works off-road so why change?

The last thing I want in any car is the ability to surf the net while driving - driving requires your full attention and we have seen some terrible accidents a s a result of people using mobile phones or texting while driving - web access in my view is a step too far - a car is for driving, leave the web browsing at home for the evenings.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014 02:00pm by XFullFatTim.)
11-03-2014 01:57pm
m_101

I would just like better ipod integration, such as the ability to use google maps (which let's face it is just about all you could ever want from a GPS) and the ability to display album artwork on the 'now playing' screen (because it's pretty, mainly).

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
12-03-2014 01:37am