Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
help me rationalize no adaptive dynamics
o3zone

help me rationalize no adaptive dynamics

delete
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2012 01:40am by o3zone.)
18-09-2012 09:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: help me rationalize no adaptive dynamics

Yep, enjoy the car and forget about AD, its a great option but no game changer.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-09-2012 10:57pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Why do they bother to call it a Dynamic if the dynamic bit isn't there then?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-09-2012 11:25pm
WB
WB

The handling/ride of the standard set up is in my opinion very good and after I drove both I went with the standard because I wanted the better comfort of the standard suspension (and 19" wheels/tyres).

All depends on your priorities - if you're going to be chucking it around corners at great speed then order another with AD and sell this one - if not stick with it!
19-09-2012 01:10pm
GibEvoque

Sounds similar to mine, and to be honest i have never felt need for AD, it handles nicely, is comfy, but still chuckable.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
19-09-2012 02:47pm
Coolbanana

(19-09-2012 01:10pm)WB Wrote:  The handling/ride of the standard set up is in my opinion very good and after I drove both I went with the standard because I wanted the better comfort of the standard suspension (and 19" wheels/tyres).

The standard set up is good however I'd say - in my experience - AD is more comfortable than the standard set-up though...a lot of people jump in an AD-equipped car and think they have to enable the Dynamic setting to get any benefit but this isn't true...the AD system is always on and I've had a non-AD car as a loaner and it is noticeably less comfortable as the road gets bumpier/less even. On good roads the difference is less noticeable of course and can indeed be very negligible but hit a dirt road and the difference is much greater as the AD soaks up the unevenness.

When you do enable the Dynamic setting next to the other Terrain Response modes the suspension does the opposite and stiffens up for more brisk motoring - this is not nearly as comfortable as the standard set-up and even less so the normal AD mode but is good for cornering etc.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
19-09-2012 03:01pm
akikan

(19-09-2012 03:01pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  The standard set up is good however I'd say - in my experience - AD is more comfortable than the standard set-up though...a lot of people jump in an AD-equipped car and think they have to enable the Dynamic setting to get any benefit but this isn't true...the AD system is always on and I've had a non-AD car as a loaner and it is noticeably less comfortable as the road gets bumpier/less even. On good roads the difference is less noticeable of course and can indeed be very negligible but hit a dirt road and the difference is much greater as the AD soaks up the unevenness.

When you do enable the Dynamic setting next to the other Terrain Response modes the suspension does the opposite and stiffens up for more brisk motoring - this is not nearly as comfortable as the standard set-up and even less so the normal AD mode but is good for cornering etc.

hi,i went to the LR dealer today, i tried to order an rr evoque dynamic and with an ad mode, but dealer told me the mride suspension wont activate unless you ride in dynamic mode, so it means in normal ride the mride is not activing? is this true? im in canada please help thank you
19-09-2012 04:08pm
Craig_d1

He's talking rubbish. The AD is on al the time, the Terrain Response setting just alter how the AD's work(ie they stiffen or soften the suspension according to the setting you are on). They still adapt continously to the road no matter what setting you're on though
19-09-2012 04:13pm
WB
WB

(19-09-2012 03:01pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  The standard set up is good however I'd say - in my experience - AD is more comfortable than the standard set-up though...a lot of people jump in an AD-equipped car and think they have to enable the Dynamic setting to get any benefit but this isn't true...the AD system is always on and I've had a non-AD car as a loaner and it is noticeably less comfortable as the road gets bumpier/less even. On good roads the difference is less noticeable of course and can indeed be very negligible but hit a dirt road and the difference is much greater as the AD soaks up the unevenness.

We're going to have to differ on this.

At the Evoque live event I drove back to back a Prestige on 19" followed by a Dynamic on 20" (with AD). I didn't take the AD out of normal mode by the way. On London roads I found the Dynamic much firmer and less comfortable (not as bad as my old BMW with sports suspension but not close to the Prestige on 19".

I shared my thoughts with the Evoque product manager and he said that was much the same feedback they'd had from the motoring press which is why all the press AD cars had 19" wheels rather than the standard 20" (and why they offer the no-cost downgrade on Dynamics). The combination of 20" wheels and AD produces a stiffer ride than the 19" on standard suspension. In his opinion he felt that 19" on AD may be the optimal set up.
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 04:28pm by WB.)
19-09-2012 04:27pm
IKM

(19-09-2012 04:27pm)WB Wrote:  The combination of 20" wheels and AD produces a stiffer ride than the 19" on standard suspension. In his opinion he felt that 19" on AD may be the optimal set up.
I enjoy a fantastically comfortable journey mainly on twisty A and B roads out in the country with AD and 19" wheels, probably more so than in my Freelander with 17" wheels.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
19-09-2012 05:07pm