Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
help me rationalize no adaptive dynamics
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: help me rationalize no adaptive dynamics

Quote:='akikan' pid='69573' dateline='1348067298'
hi,i went to the LR dealer today, i tried to order an rr evoque dynamic and with an ad mode, but dealer told me the mride suspension wont activate unless you ride in dynamic mode, so it means in normal ride the mride is not activing? is this true? im in canada please help thank you

Then find another dealer or go and forcefully advise him of the error of his ways, kick his butt and tell him to go on a product familiarisation course or stick to selling cheap Korean cars. Why on earth do Land Rover permit such morons to sell their products

For the last time I hope -

IF YOU HAVE ADAPTIVE DYNAMICS FITTED THEY WORK 100% OF THE TIME IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER OR NOT DYNAMIC MODE IS SELECTED ON THE TERRAIN RESPONSE. THE SYSTEM FIRMS UP THE RIDE A BIT MORE AND ADDS MORE WEIGHT TO THE STEERING WHEN THE DYNAMIC MODE OF THE TR IS SELECTED

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 07:51pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-09-2012 05:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

(19-09-2012 04:27pm)WB Wrote:  We're going to have to differ on this.

:lol:No worries, each to his own and the bum on seat test is indeed subjective as we each may expect to feel and judge different things - yes, we do differ, the Prestige on 19's I took home immediately after dropping my car in for a small repaint was most definitely not as comfortable over rougher terrain - oh sure it felt fine (good actually) on decent tarmac but certainly no 'better' than my car on 20's and go over a series of bumps and take it on a dirt road (which I did as I was curious) and it didn't cope as well as an AD car.

My point being that driving my car in London I expect it would feel similar to a standard set up on 19's with no real benefit to the AD coming through but as the terrain gets harsher, the AD proves itself as it adapts and therein lies its value. In my experience. Smile

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
19-09-2012 07:47pm
akikan

(19-09-2012 05:36pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Then find another dealer or go and forcefully advise him of the error of his ways, kick his butt and tell him to go on a product familiarisation course or stick to selling cheap Korean cars. Why on earth do Land Rover permit such morons to sell their products

For the last time I hope -

IF YOU HAVE ADAPTIVE DYNAMICS FITTED THEY WORK 100% OF THE TIME IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER OR NOT DYNAMIC MODE IS SELECTED ON THE TERRAIN RESPONSE. THE SYSTEM FIRMS UP THE RIDE A BIT MORE AND ADDS MORE WEIGHT TO THE STEERING WHEN THE DYNAMIC MODE OF THE TR IS SELECTED

Thx alot for your help, cuz when i told dealer i m gone have ad with a 19" wheel, and he told me rigth back that the landrover company told them for not having the ad mode in montreal cause for the road(they are bad) and he also told me to change to 20", becaues the 19"looks ulgy lol..and we only have 2 lr dealer in montreal..

(19-09-2012 07:47pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  :lol:No worries, each to his own and the bum on seat test is indeed subjective as we each may expect to feel and judge different things - yes, we do differ, the Prestige on 19's I took home immediately after dropping my car in for a small repaint was most definitely not as comfortable over rougher terrain - oh sure it felt fine (good actually) on decent tarmac but certainly no 'better' than my car on 20's and go over a series of bumps and take it on a dirt road (which I did as I was curious) and it didn't cope as well as an AD car.

My point being that driving my car in London I expect it would feel similar to a standard set up on 19's with no real benefit to the AD coming through but as the terrain gets harsher, the AD proves itself as it adapts and therein lies its value. In my experience. Smile
thx for sharing ur experience, i think im just gone go with ad mode and with a 19"wheel~
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 04:28am by akikan.)
20-09-2012 04:27am
PhilSkill

AD with 19" wheels Rocks...
But then I haven't tried it on any Rocks... Laughing

What sort of dealer says something he sells is ugly Shocked Ugly is is each to his own, I mean you could be buying a BMW! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-09-2012 07:55am
XFullFatTim

I would also ask the dealer who is buying this car - you or the dealer? it is up to you not him to decide what is in the buyer's eyes beautiful and what is ugly.
You should ask him why he appears to know nothing about the product that he is selling as well, just to upset him more tell him to a) search in YouTube for the Adaptive Dynamics videos posted by Land Rover and to read these forums as (as is often the case) we seem to know more about the product than him.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2012 08:24am by XFullFatTim.)
20-09-2012 08:21am
FujiSan

To go back to your original question:

"Anyway, I was wondering what people take is here? Am I just being silly to car so much about this option in a car that is otherwise what I dreamed of?"

A) you are not being silly, but just not rational. If you have not had AD and have not experienced AD in the Evoque, then you really don't know what you are are missing or if it feels better (to you). I have a Pure without AD and I love it. I certainly don't fret about the lack of AD, or lack of 850watt Meridian system, or lack of sat nav, or lack of all round cameras or lack of 20inch wheels. I like what I have. I smile every single time I get behind the wheel.

If the car really is all you dreamed of, then just enjoy it - life really is too short to worry about the lack of adaptive dynamics.

TD4 Pure - Now a rare breed...

[Image: 131166.png]
20-09-2012 12:12pm
XFullFatTim

Well said Fujisan

20-09-2012 02:44pm