Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xenon option on Pure
speary

Xenon option on Pure

On a recent open day i specced up a Pure SD4 with Xenon headlamps. When I went to place an order last saturday I found that the option had been removed, apparently due to supply problems on the Prestige and Dynamic. Very dissapointing Sad. I hope that the Halogen lights look OK.
I suppose it is possible that they might become available later as I think my car is due for Feb 2012 build.
Does anybody have any more info on the lights.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
04-10-2011 08:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Xenon option on Pure

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Xenon-delays

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-10-2011 08:44am
GibEvoque

Having seen the halogen, the only difference seems to be with the day time running lights look more like LEDs in the xenon, however barely noticeable, and from more than 5m away you cannot tell (when switched off).

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
04-10-2011 09:00am
LP

Xenon option on Pure

I thought the difference was very noticeable. You don't get the led pattern on the halogens.
04-10-2011 09:42am
speary

I think LR are missing a trick here as I was prepared to pay the £710 to upgrade to the Xenons. I did the same on my current Audi A5.
Still, maybe they will come back on the options list when the supply issues are sorted out
thanks for the replies
Steve

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
04-10-2011 12:36pm
cooch

Guys,

In Australia we have the option to include a clearview pack to the Pure.

The pack includes:
• Automatic headlamps
• Headlamp powerwash (064BV). Front fog lamps
• Automatic xenon headlamps with LED signature lighting and automatic headlamp levelling
• Rain sensing windscreen wipers

Pure SD4, Auto, Sumatra Black, Cirrus Interior, Panoramic Roof, Style 6 Wheels, Tech Pack, Clearview Pack
07-10-2011 01:49am
3VOQU3

Cooch, with that specced my order was pushed back an extra month.. Still available just have to wait
07-10-2011 04:46am
cooch

3VOQU3, I ordered the pure 5 door with Tech Pack and Clearview pack. Order is expected January. I'm hoping it won't be pushed back any further.

By the way spotted an Evoque in Sydney today. White Dynamic 2 door. Spoke to the driver, from land rover and it's the PR/Marketing vehicle.

Looked awesome! Photo below

http://instagr.am/p/PVmUG/

Pure SD4, Auto, Sumatra Black, Cirrus Interior, Panoramic Roof, Style 6 Wheels, Tech Pack, Clearview Pack
07-10-2011 08:16am
Gren

Ordered a 3dr Pure for my wife on Saturday with xenons. They were no longer on the website configurator but the salesman said they were still taking orders but that there would be a delay as the Prestiges and Dynamics were getting first dibs on the xenon units.

Have had them on my last 2 cars and would never be without them now. Make driving in the dark so much less of a chore.
10-10-2011 03:50pm
mk82

Hey,

does anybody has a picture of running daylight without xenons?! I need to have a car in 2011, so I had to agree that there won't be xenons Sad *sad*
11-10-2011 09:23am