[Image: 116845.png]
Range Rover Evoque - Pure, 5-Door, Si4, Auto, Fuji White/Cirrus
Lotus Elise
Peugeot 206 GTi
16-10-2012 01:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Olhemes

RE: Xenon Headlights

(14-10-2012 04:50pm)mildfeverz Wrote:  Ohhhh man - thanks for the update but damn I wish I could figure out where I could take this to be modified. Please keep me posted if you can and the information was really helpful. Hopefully I could find someone who understands how to do something like that because you really need a variety of skills to complete this mod.

I finally completed my OEM HID/DRL conversion from Halogens. It took longer than expected . . . but it looks/operates like factory installed.

[Image: P1012177.jpg]

[Image: P1012176.jpg]

[Image: P1012175.jpg]

[Image: P1012173a.jpg]

[Image: P1012172a.jpg]

[Image: P1012168a.jpg]

MzLaughingWhistleThumbs Up
[/quote]

Wow, I can't belive it. How is possible?
Can You explain how You made it?
Where are you from? I'm waiting one year to put the original xenon in my evoque. My evoque Was affected bu the xenon last year. The dealer offer me to put the xenon when it was possible. I know that it cost much but not my problem.
16-10-2012 03:24pm
mildfeverz

Hello Enthusiasts:
I had done a lot of research/pre-testing before I installed and final wiring of these lights. In fact I had purchase a used pair of adaptive HID light assemblies to test on rather than possibly ruining my new pair. The testing was proven passed without harm to these "TEST" units. I am selling this used pair at a good price on this forum before I offer it on Ebay. The lights do NOT include ballasts and with no HID bulbs. The units are being sold "AS-IS" for parts ONLY as the housing on right side is cracked. These are adaptive HID pair with positioning motors in place [untested]. The DRL's are operational and the pics below are as illuminated. The projector lens on both look good. The Left housing is not damaged and appear good. I want to get $595.00usd + shipping for the PAIR. If not sold I will offer on auction at a higher price. The DRL's can be removed and installed in your Halogen Lights for that Original Equipment "SIGNATURE DRL LOOK". These are USA Spec Evoque OEM Adaptive Xenon Headlight Pair from a 2012 Prestige Model.

PM me for any questions you may have or a quote on shipping. I accept Paypal and can ship worldwide. These are FOB USA [California].

These are a good deal and if anyone has checked . . . hard to beat.

[Image: P1012199_zpse2931ebc.jpg]

[Image: P1012188_zps47d26a15.jpg]

[Image: P1012195_zps35c0aa80.jpg]

[Image: P1012198_zps83d8871b.jpg]

[Image: P1012199_zpse2931ebc.jpg]

Mfz IdeaExclamationIdea
17-10-2012 02:37am
Olhemes

I understand that you sell the headlights have been opened and you put the headlight housing xenon to halogen, so comment that one of the two casing is broken. Only sell LED headlamp with and without xenon bulbs, but you say that can be attached on the halogen headlight. The wiring and the ballast is the same as the halogen?, It is not necessary to buy. I thought you could put xenon headlights you bought on ebay and run've been missing in your Evoque Pure. In the photos you put in your car you had installed xenon? and are self-adjusting?.

Thanks.
17-10-2012 11:52am
mildfeverz

(17-10-2012 11:52am)Olhemes Wrote:  I understand that you sell the headlights have been opened and you put the headlight housing xenon to halogen, so comment that one of the two casing is broken. Only sell LED headlamp with and without xenon bulbs, but you say that can be attached on the halogen headlight. The wiring and the ballast is the same as the halogen?, It is not necessary to buy. I thought you could put xenon headlights you bought on ebay and run've been missing in your Evoque Pure. In the photos you put in your car you had installed xenon? and are self-adjusting?.

Thanks.

Sir:
The units I've installed in my Pure Evoque are new EU spec. XENONS/DRL/LED units without the adaptive and self-levelling feature. I replaced the Halogen Headlights that were original when I took delivery of the truck from the Dealer.

The one's I'm selling are USA spec XENONS [without the ballasts & bulbs]. I have NOT opened these to diassemble. The modification I am speaking of is for an expert who is familiar with removing headlight lens from the housings for replacement or other reasons. You seem to NOT understand this concept and I assume you will need to research [in your region] who is capable of doing this safely. Looking online [USA] there is a vendor [selling Neon DRL for installation on certain headlights] who states placing headlight in an oven [temperature setting 80 to 90 C] to disassemble/reassemble. This is a suggestion ONLY and NOT for the faint of heart.! However, These are working headlights and can possibly be repaired/restored to use . . . again for a person "so-adept" and NOT a novice.
IN MY OWN MODIFICATION ASSESSMENT: If I was unable to attain a pair of OEM XENONS, I would have done the modification I am describing on my HALOGENS and also replace the halogen bulbs with aftermarket H7's or 9005 Xenon bulbs with Ballasts to get the same OEM/Signature DRL appearance that everyone prefers, and at a lower price in cash outlay. Are we clear on these concept steps to completion?
Cracked Housing[Right unit ONLY] : can be repaired since housing is made of ABS plastic . . . bonding agents & ABS strips are easily attained at local "plastic" hobby shops or online. Any repairs done on housing would NOT show on the Exterior when installed as all repairs would exist within the engine compartment.
This project is a DIY [do-it-yourself] for a handy person . . . If you are NOT, pay the price for NEW and Professional Labor added . . . or live with halogens.

Mfz QuestionExclamationQuestionRolling Eyes
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2012 05:51pm by mildfeverz.)
17-10-2012 05:33pm
Olhemes

So you are selling a car headlight (housing with LED daytime running lights without bulbs or the ballast), my focus halogen could be easily adapted to this car headlight? or do I have to do a workaround to adapt my halogen bulb inside the headlight casing of this car?, that's my question, and if so will still work the manual height adjustment?, because in Europe it is necessary to pass the technical inspection.
17-10-2012 10:03pm
mildfeverz

(17-10-2012 10:03pm)Olhemes Wrote:  So you are selling a car headlight (housing with LED daytime running lights without bulbs or the ballast), my focus halogen could be easily adapted to this car headlight? or do I have to do a workaround to adapt my halogen bulb inside the headlight casing of this car?, that's my question, and if so will still work the manual height adjustment?, because in Europe it is necessary to pass the technical inspection.

Sir:
You have at least 2 options in purchasing these. Either refurbish/renew these to retrofit to your vehicle or disassemble/use the parts as suggested to upgrade your halogens. The Housing dimensions are identical on both this and yours, so fit will NOT be an issue.

Re. ADJUSTMENTS: If you look at the second & third photo, you will see a green adjustment knob on top, requiring a hex wrench. These are the adjustment [vertical] for the projector which is on both Halogen and Xenon assemblies and will remain operable for this mod. The plastic chrome mounts with the DRL's are NOT in contact with the projector lens but merely a decorative "surround" for the same. The only difference between yours is the addition of the LED's and wiring [ . . . which needs to be connected to certain pins of your 16 pin housing headlight plug] to your existing power for LED energizing. You will have to [should you attempt this . . .] consult someone as I will not give you any detailed information. It would be your own doing whatever the results [good or so forth . . ]. As I stated you will have to be an expert handy type to attempt this.
You have a nice vehicle [assuming you have an Evoque], do NOT attempt something that maybe irreversible and you will regret.

Mfz Twisted Evil
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 01:00am by mildfeverz.)
18-10-2012 12:34am
Olhemes

(18-10-2012 12:34am)mildfeverz Wrote:  Sir:
You have at least 2 options in purchasing these. Either refurbish/renew these to retrofit to your vehicle or disassemble/use the parts as suggested to upgrade your halogens. The Housing dimensions are identical on both this and yours, so fit will NOT be an issue.

Re. ADJUSTMENTS: If you look at the second & third photo, you will see a green adjustment knob on top, requiring a hex wrench. These are the adjustment [vertical] for the projector which is on both Halogen and Xenon assemblies and will remain operable for this mod. The plastic chrome mounts with the DRL's are NOT in contact with the projector lens but merely a decorative "surround" for the same. The only difference between yours is the addition of the LED's and wiring [ . . . which needs to be connected to certain pins of your 16 pin housing headlight plug] to your existing power for LED energizing. You will have to [should you attempt this . . .] consult someone as I will not give you any detailed information. It would be your own doing whatever the results [good or so forth . . ]. As I stated you will have to be an expert handy type to attempt this.
You have a nice vehicle [assuming you have an Evoque], do NOT attempt something that maybe irreversible and you will regret.

Mfz Twisted Evil

You can send pictures of the headlight of the car from the rear and broken plastic? ask if I wanted to put my focus halogen inside I have to use my car headlamp (breaking it) or buying a halogen (aftermarkt) and adjust it to the housing. The height adjustment I can do it from the controls and no manually in the headlight??
I understand that this car originally lighthouse is a halogen and has been introduced on plastic chrome lines led xenon car headlight (have been glued on) and has to attach the cables to the cable connection from my original car, no difference in voltage for possible overheating problem?
18-10-2012 11:38am
mildfeverz

(18-10-2012 11:38am)Olhemes Wrote:  You can send pictures of the headlight of the car from the rear and broken plastic? ask if I wanted to put my focus halogen inside I have to use my car headlamp (breaking it) or buying a halogen (aftermarkt) and adjust it to the housing. The height adjustment I can do it from the controls and no manually in the headlight??
I understand that this car originally lighthouse is a halogen and has been introduced on plastic chrome lines led xenon car headlight (have been glued on) and has to attach the cables to the cable connection from my original car, no difference in voltage for possible overheating problem?

I will email you photos soon.

. . . ask if I wanted to put my focus halogen inside I have to use my car headlamp (breaking it) If one of your favorite tools is a hammer . . . YES, you will break it. However if you use patient skill to "surgically" remove/replace, it can matter.

The height adjustment I can do it from the controls and no manually in the headlight?? Manual adjustment is retained . . . assuming you do NOT damage anything in mod.

. . . on plastic chrome lines led xenon car headlight (have been glued on) and has to attach the cables to the cable connection from my original car Glue connections may have to be cut and reattached with glue or mechanical fastening. You will have to assess and use prudence in securing. You have to be creative as no one I know of has attempted this, though it is doable in my estimation. Signature DRL array will be electrical connected to the same wiring as the LED's on the Halogen Housing LED's.

. . . . no difference in voltage for possible overheating problem? Only 12v and LED's are very cool in temperature and therefore NO overheating.

Mfz ExclamationArrow
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2012 10:36pm by mildfeverz.)
19-10-2012 09:06pm
Bjorntje_be

olhemes, check if it is legal to have the orange part of the DRL (USA SPEC) always lit. That could be a problem in Europe.

ED4 5dr Pure Fuji white with tech pack/fog lights/privacy glass/tow bar ; order 24/02 / expected summer 2012 / delivered 18 sept 2012
20-10-2012 08:30am