Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ?
Kimv

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ?

I started by ordering a Fuji white. I got tired of it very soon after watching a zillion pictures. Then I wanted to change to OG but same deal, tired of it very soon. Ended up ordering a Santorini black and it seems the right choice for me since I still thinks it looks the best.

To me a Dynamic in white looks ok. A Pure or Prestige in white looks cheap to me... Sorry everyone... I think it has to do with the black plastic trims... I really don't like how they contrast with the white body...

As for OG: a dynamic in OG looks ok but I have a hard time trying to find a nice dynamic interior for it. A Pure in OG looks very dull on the outside with the trims in this matte grey finish... I once saw a OG Prestige with a beige interior (can't remember the name of it) and that looked actually pretty good if you like classy.

And black: best color for Dynamic (to me). I don't like it on a Prestige because of the shiny trim, especially the window trim contrasts too much for me. On a Pure it looks very good since the window trim is black as well and ties the car together. Another advantage of black on a Pure is that it is the same color as the plastic bumpers, making them less obvious to be plastic.

But of course like everyone says, you have to choose for yourself.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
03-05-2012 03:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
powellm

I am a bit worried no one has mentioned Ipanema Sand ..... for me that looks great, classy and with an almond interior ties in well, is it me that just thinks this ?
03-05-2012 10:56pm
Mudi1

(03-05-2012 10:56pm)powellm Wrote:  I am a bit worried no one has mentioned Ipanema Sand ..... for me that looks great, classy and with an almond interior ties in well, is it me that just thinks this ?

I think the Ipanema is a great colour, but I think the tan or black interior looks better for contrast, with a black contrast roof, otherwise it could look a bit wishywashy. If this is your one though, ok it looks peaceful and chill out mellow!Very Happy
03-05-2012 11:03pm
Queeg

I love my Indus Silver with black interior. Ordinarily a boring color, it looks great with the lines of the Evoque.
04-05-2012 03:11am
Kimv

(03-05-2012 10:56pm)powellm Wrote:  I am a bit worried no one has mentioned Ipanema Sand ..... for me that looks great, classy and with an almond interior ties in well, is it me that just thinks this ?

In the original question the choice was white, black or OG. I suppose that's why no one mentioned Ipanema.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 07:58am by Kimv.)
04-05-2012 07:58am
LDT

I love my Ipanema with Ambience interior. Initially I was nervous as had not seen one in the flesh, but I couldn't be happier with the colour combo. If I had the choice again, I would go for the same.

I saw another one drive by yesterday (I was walking) and to me it looks classy and elegant, and really stood out - but I am biased!

Colour is such a personal choice, but to me, the car looks great in all colours, even the greens which I didn't think I would be keen on.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
04-05-2012 11:29am
Andy_A

My advice would be to try to see the colour "in-the-flesh" before making your decision. I changed my colour 5 times before settling on the Red!

On order:
SD4 Auto, Prestige 5 door, Firenze Red, Black Leather, Pano, Privacy, Elec Tailgate......Patience is a Virtue!
04-05-2012 11:35am
alibeau

(04-05-2012 11:35am)Andy_A Wrote:  My advice would be to try to see the colour "in-the-flesh" before making your decision.

+1. I was adamant that I would not be having another black car and that black really did not suit the Evoque. As soon as I walked into the showroom and clapped eyes on the black dynamic, I knew that was the colour for me.

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
04-05-2012 11:54am
Queeg

The Evoque looks great in any color, though different colors emphasize different features. I personally like the lines of the car - the curve over the front fender and the rising contour down the side - which I think the lighter colors emphasize best. That's why Fuji is such a great color on this car.

I wanted something a bit different, though, and am very happy with my Indus Silver/Black. Very classic look, but still one that emphasizes the lines I like. Silver may be a common color on the road, but no other silver car looks as good as the Evoque.
04-05-2012 04:12pm
Craven

I went for Galway Green for three reasons:
a) Seems the right colour for an off road landrover in the countryside.
b) Practically nobody else seems to have chosen this colour.
c) I saw one in the showroom and it looks understated but great at the same time!
04-05-2012 05:14pm