Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ?
Sarcastrix

RE: Wobbling over colour choice , should i change ?

OG IS the new Fuji Smile

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
03-05-2012 10:52am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

I'm afraid going for Fuji is to slightly follow the herd instinct. Just because the concept LRX was in white doesn't mean you have to have the car in the same colour. I do think that white really is the new silver, interesting how these colours come into fashion and then go out.

I changed from Indus to Firenze at the last minute, am pleased I did.

White is a devil to keep clean as well...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
03-05-2012 11:46am
Straydox

I'm going to get branded as a trouble maker.....

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
03-05-2012 12:01pm
speary

Personally I think most of the colours look good, the only issue i have with Black is that there is a lot of detail on the Evoque and that tends to get a bit lost. I had the same issue on my last Black A5.
Also its a bugger to stop getting swirl marks in the paint

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
03-05-2012 12:57pm
andrey1302

(03-05-2012 11:46am)mark_n Wrote:  I'm afraid going for Fuji is to slightly follow the herd instinct. Just because the concept LRX was in white doesn't mean you have to have the car in the same colour. I do think that white really is the new silver, interesting how these colours come into fashion and then go out.

I changed from Indus to Firenze at the last minute, am pleased I did.

White is a devil to keep clean as well...

The concept was also in black/ dark color

http://www.gadgetlite.com/2009/03/30/gal...x-concept/

To me white looks the best, but I am also a bit biased, I would say go for what your heart says and you won't be disappointed...

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
03-05-2012 01:07pm
BTS18

Fuji is a great colour on the Evoque..............but so are most of the others. The question is, if you go for something a bit different how will you feel 1 or 2 years down the road. Go with the colour YOU like best not what you think others might like.

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
03-05-2012 01:17pm
PhilSkill

Having had white cars in the past I actually find them deceptively good for not showing the dirt compared to black, definitely a no-no for cleanliness (i do also drive a black car and a grey car!) Grey/Silver are good for hiding the dirt unless it's mud... like it is here in mudfordshire, or is that tractorshire.

Only advice see the colour you choose in the flesh if you can and whatever you choose get a great coat of Wax/Sealant/stuff on it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-05-2012 02:15pm
Daigriff

My last car was a silver 4x4 and it never looked dirty. Went for Barolo for the Evoque and four months in am really impressed how clean it is keeping. Whether the premium metallic and paint treatment is helping I don't know, but am not having to wash as often as expected.

Have listened to people on the forum re cleaning..two buckets, quality lamswool mit etc etc and I am swirl free.

As others have said it is a quality (generally) product that looks fantastic in all colours. Go with your heart only you can decide.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
03-05-2012 02:31pm
BTS18

(03-05-2012 02:15pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Only advice see the colour you choose in the flesh if you can and whatever you choose get a great coat of Wax/Sealant/stuff on it.

+1

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
03-05-2012 02:32pm
leeselee

(03-05-2012 08:50am)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Here is the spec i have ordered

SD4
20" style 6
Ebony interior
Privacy glass
Auto lights & wipers
Front fog lights

Colour Fuji

I am now wondering whether to swap to OG or black

I keep looking at other peoples cars & they all look good, but i always question my first choice on every car i order

Should i just stick with the above choice ?

I think that it looks good in every colour - even the lime green, although that's a bit wild for my taste! Laughing

The dealer said to be careful of wild colour choices when considering resale - I couldn't care as I would like to enjoy it while I own it!

I started off with a Fuji choice and changed it a month later to OG.

Mainly because I saw so many white cars in general on the road and I thought it was a bit too commonplace. only my opinion.

My brother who works for BMW (who CANNOT convince me to take an X3 sport) said to choose a car that you can live with for the next three years.

Although my mouth watered at the red and I just loved the white, I went for OG as I could happily live with it and would not get sick of it, if I ever get it, that is Wink
03-05-2012 02:51pm