Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Why no real off road accessories?
cribbss

Why no real off road accessories?

I have scoured the internet for parts supplies, combed through the various forums and even spoke with a RR rep. The Evoque, though urban and streamlined in appearance has some pretty awesome off roads chops. I know it’s not a rock climbing, ramp jumping mud truck but it still has its place off the road. That being said why are there practically no off road parts for this vehicle? All I can find is a 2 inch lift kit and a chrome show bar (that actually does look nice) but could never be used as a brush guard or push bar if you ever put it to the test, not to mention it actually reduces ground clearance. Has anyone had any experience in finding or customizing existing off road accessories for use on the Evoque? If you have please list location or web pages where they can be found.

I took a photo of my 2012 Dynamic Evoque and photoshoped in some rugged looking off road parts.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

13-10-2015 09:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Why no real off road accessories?

Unfortunately there just isn't demand for offroady bits. I nearly got laughed off the forums for taking mine offroad on some fairly challenging tracks, OK so they were not so difficult that they might have been a challenge for my Defender. Equally unfortunately for you you have a Dynamic (so did I) which has a lower front bumper/ fender and spoilering than the other two models. Best place to look though is in the Australian section of the forum as quite a few of those guys take their Evoques to places you wouldn't believe an Evoque should be taken. I now have an RRS2 and even that is very restricted in what can be fitted and worse I have the stainless steel front and rear bash plates on mine......... and you have to remove them to take the car offroad where you might want to use the recovery points as they are covered by the heavy bash plates......... normally they are covered by plastic "bashplates" that are light weight and easily smashed.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2015 10:04pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-10-2015 10:02pm
doug

Cribbss,

Liking your picture, wouldn't have ever thought that combination would work Smile

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
14-10-2015 11:34am
Fjcoop

I like it. Might give my ford raptor a run for its money
09-05-2016 03:37am
JazEcoupe

(14-10-2015 11:34am)doug Wrote:  Cribbss,

Liking your picture, wouldn't have ever thought that combination would work Smile

Yeah, it looks hella cool...but I imagine it would slaughter the MPG's Laughing

But, I suppose at the point you're really considering those mods, you don't really care about MPG's Cool

2012 Evoque Coupe Dynamic in Colima Green. 20" Chrome Shadow Wheels. Black Contrasting Roof.
13-06-2016 02:06pm
J. Dub

Isn't H&R the only company making a lift kit? (Which really isn't a lift kit but just taller springs and lord knows what spring rates they're using)

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
11-08-2016 05:14pm
EvoqueRebl

We totally agree. Why not?

We take our Evoque on trails in Colorado, we need the products....
We have a great low profile roof rack and 19 inch LED light bar in our grille for better trail visibility but that's about it to date. I swear I saw a bull bar type bumper/front protection product in the past year. I'll try to find it again for you.

Here's the largest selection from a suspension perspective I know of. http://bit.ly/2dSwM6f

To answer the spring question above, the H&R raising and lowering or sport spring rate is not published of course. These springs are an increase over factory but they still like to bill them as a street application I believe. Ugh.

This handy hitch skid plate http://bit.ly/2dsHKQN will help protect against damage from unexpected angles .. Made in the U.S. of A.

That's all I can think of right now, but we relate to your question, even if we're not in the majority. Ha.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016 09:21pm by EvoqueRebl.)
05-10-2016 09:19pm
J. Dub

(05-10-2016 09:19pm)EvoqueRebl Wrote:  We totally agree. Why not?

We take our Evoque on trails in Colorado, we need the products....
We have a great low profile roof rack and 19 inch LED light bar in our grille for better trail visibility but that's about it to date. I swear I saw a bull bar type bumper/front protection product in the past year. I'll try to find it again for you.

Here's the largest selection from a suspension perspective I know of. http://bit.ly/2dSwM6f

To answer the spring question above, the H&R raising and lowering or sport spring rate is not published of course. These springs are an increase over factory but they still like to bill them as a street application I believe. Ugh.

This handy hitch skid plate http://bit.ly/2dsHKQN will help protect against damage from unexpected angles .. Made in the U.S. of A.

That's all I can think of right now, but we relate to your question, even if we're not in the majority. Ha.

Are you guys pureevoque the website?

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
28-10-2016 09:39pm