Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my Build Date Slipping Back???
NightFox

Why is my Build Date Slipping Back???

I ordered my Evoque back in June with a local dealer who I managed to negotiate a full tank of petrol and a boot liner with. At the time they were suggesting a late October delivery, but once I'd placed my order this suddenly seemed to slip to a November/December estimate. I found another more distant dealer who were able to put me second on their waiting list, effectively guaranteeing me a October build slot once they were allocated. Even though it meant losing out on my 'extras' and having to deal with a remote dealer, I switched my order to them.

Sure enough, about 3 weeks ago I got my build date of 12th October. A bit more 'mid' than 'early' October as I'd initially been told, but as the dealer had also told me that LR admin had said to expect these dates to come forward (presumably due to 24hr working), I was happy with that.

Except last week I spoke to another salesman at the dealership (mine was on holiday) who told me by build date was now 2nd November. And today I've had an email from my salesman which now says 12th November. I've replied and asked WTH is happening, but I'm still waiting for a response.

I'd really hope I've not simply been lied to, but I'm at a loss to understand how an order can slip by a month in the space of 3 weeks, especially as all the signs are pointing to shortened waiting lists. The only thing I can think of is if there is a parts shortage for any of my extras, but I've not speced anything obscure so that would have affected other people too and I've not heard of any widespread delays... has anyone else been told to expect delays on their orders?

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
20-08-2012 11:38am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Why is my Build Date Slipping Back???

It could be the colour that is causing your delay - it isn't a very common colour so they will be stacking up orders for doing a Mauritius Blue run, same with other less common colours. The paint shop can cope with the body in white coming in in any order for painting but they need to have a minimum number of each colour to do a run. In March when we did the factory tour there were a lot of the less common colours going down the line - a lot of Barolo Black, Baltic Blue and Galway greens along with lots and lots of Orkney Grey, Santorini Black and White cars

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 11:59am by XFullFatTim.)
20-08-2012 11:57am
NightFox

(20-08-2012 11:57am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It could be the colour that is causing your delay - it isn't a very common colour so they will be stacking up orders for doing a Mauritius Blue run, same with other less common colours. The paint shop can cope with the body in white coming in in any order for painting but they need to have a minimum number of each colour to do a run. In March when we did the factory tour there were a lot of the less common colours going down the line - a lot of Barolo Black, Baltic Blue and Galway greens along with lots and lots of Orkney Grey, Santorini Black and White cars

Yeah that would make sense I guess. Will finally get to see a Mauritius Blue in the flesh on Wednesday, so if I change my mind it'll be interesting to see if that has any effect on the build date.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror

20-08-2012 12:42pm
N1C

Nightfox, I originally had a 'mid august' date but this has been pushed back to 'sometime in the near future', my colour, you guessed it, mauritius blue.
You wouldnt beleive it but as i pressed send, i zoomed past a car carrying train into Southampton, I caught glimpses inside, lots of the bright greens but no maritius blue!

Mauritius blue Dynamic 5dr
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2012 06:40pm by N1C.)
20-08-2012 06:36pm
NightFox

(20-08-2012 06:36pm)N1C Wrote:  Nightfox, I originally had a 'mid august' date but this has been pushed back to 'sometime in the near future', my colour, you guessed it, mauritius blue.
You wouldnt beleive it but as i pressed send, i zoomed past a car carrying train into Southampton, I caught glimpses inside, lots of the bright greens but no maritius blue!

Hmmm, I wonder if that is something to do with it. I got a reply from my dealer but it only really said "I only know what the system tells me". He did also suggest that my original date had slipped due to the 2-week Land Rover holiday shutdown, which as far as I'm concerned is rubbish as it's not as if LR didn't know they were going to have it and I'm sure their dates already reflected it.

Once I've made up my mind about the colour this week I'll push him to find out if a colour change is going to make any difference to my current build date.

20-08-2012 08:12pm