Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I turn on Accessories only
mnd

How do I turn on Accessories only

Hi all, if I jump in the car and turn on the stereo without turning on the ignition, how is it done ? By ignition I don't mean engine, I just mean all the dash and check bulbs. Having it on ignition auto turns it off after x minutes as well.
09-02-2012 10:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

RE: How do I turn on Accessories only

HI mnd, just press the start stop button without your foot on the brake. Also the system powers off automatically after about 10 mins or so.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
09-02-2012 10:30pm
Aussievoque

Also stereo can be operated without ignition on, that is without accessories (dash lights) on.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
09-02-2012 10:56pm
mnd

(09-02-2012 10:30pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  HI mnd, just press the start stop button without your foot on the brake. Also the system powers off automatically after about 10 mins or so.

That's my point. I don't want all the systems to turn on in the first place (or off after 10 minutes). Remember back in the day when cars had a key and there was 2 positions. Accessories and Ignition.I'm assuming then, that the Evoque doesn't have an accessories equivelant.

What happens if i want to sit in the car (say at a drive-in or something) and listen to the stereo without completely draining the battery and/or turning it back on every 10 minutes?
(09-02-2012 10:56pm)Aussievoque Wrote:  Also stereo can be operated without ignition on, that is without accessories (dash lights) on.

How? Is it just a simple matter of pressing the volume knob for power?
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 10:59pm by mnd.)
09-02-2012 10:58pm
Aussievoque

(09-02-2012 10:58pm)mnd Wrote:  How? Is it just a simple matter of pressing the volume knob for power?

Yep, simple as that. I think it still turns off after 10 minutes though.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
09-02-2012 11:16pm
EVO PUNDITT

(09-02-2012 11:16pm)Aussievoque Wrote:  Yep, simple as that. I think it still turns off after 10 minutes though.

+ 1 thats correct

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
10-02-2012 11:02am
lngrn36

That 10 minute deal is pissing me off..
I left the lights on and came back over 10 minutes late and they were still on.
So.
I can leave my lights on whilst off roading and stopped, however. I have to walk back to the car every 10 minutes why enjoying private time with the wife just to turn the music back on.
And they say it is to conserve battery? Let me worry about that...

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
10-02-2012 02:46pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

The stereo system consumes potentially much more power than the lights, depending on how loud you have it playing so the 10 minutes is there to try to ensure you can start the engine in the worse case operating conditions, such as a Minnesota winter.

Perhaps they think 10 minutes is long enough for "Private Time with the Wife" down in Texas...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2012 08:20pm by mark_n.)
10-02-2012 08:19pm
Big G

(10-02-2012 08:19pm)mark_n Wrote:  The stereo system consumes potentially much more power than the lights, depending on how loud you have it playing so the 10 minutes is there to try to ensure you can start the engine in the worse case operating conditions, such as a Minnesota winter.

Perhaps they think 10 minutes is long enough for "Private Time with the Wife" down in Texas...

Everythings bigger in Texas I'm told !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 11:51am by Big G.)
11-02-2012 11:50am