babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How do I turn on Accessories only - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: How do I turn on Accessories only (/Thread-How-do-I-turn-on-Accessories-only)

How do I turn on Accessories only - mnd - 09-02-2012 10:28pm

Hi all, if I jump in the car and turn on the stereo without turning on the ignition, how is it done ? By ignition I don't mean engine, I just mean all the dash and check bulbs. Having it on ignition auto turns it off after x minutes as well.

RE: How do I turn on Accessories only - Barneyridge - 09-02-2012 10:30pm

HI mnd, just press the start stop button without your foot on the brake. Also the system powers off automatically after about 10 mins or so.

RE: How do I turn on Accessories only - Aussievoque - 09-02-2012 10:56pm

Also stereo can be operated without ignition on, that is without accessories (dash lights) on.

RE: How do I turn on Accessories only - mnd - 09-02-2012 10:58pm

(09-02-2012 10:30pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  HI mnd, just press the start stop button without your foot on the brake. Also the system powers off automatically after about 10 mins or so.

That's my point. I don't want all the systems to turn on in the first place (or off after 10 minutes). Remember back in the day when cars had a key and there was 2 positions. Accessories and Ignition.I'm assuming then, that the Evoque doesn't have an accessories equivelant.

What happens if i want to sit in the car (say at a drive-in or something) and listen to the stereo without completely draining the battery and/or turning it back on every 10 minutes?
(09-02-2012 10:56pm)Aussievoque Wrote:  Also stereo can be operated without ignition on, that is without accessories (dash lights) on.

How? Is it just a simple matter of pressing the volume knob for power?

RE: How do I turn on Accessories only - Aussievoque - 09-02-2012 11:16pm

(09-02-2012 10:58pm)mnd Wrote:  How? Is it just a simple matter of pressing the volume knob for power?

Yep, simple as that. I think it still turns off after 10 minutes though.

RE: How do I turn on Accessories only - EVO PUNDITT - 10-02-2012 11:02am

(09-02-2012 11:16pm)Aussievoque Wrote:  Yep, simple as that. I think it still turns off after 10 minutes though.

+ 1 thats correct

RE: How do I turn on Accessories only - lngrn36 - 10-02-2012 02:46pm

That 10 minute deal is pissing me off..
I left the lights on and came back over 10 minutes late and they were still on.
So.
I can leave my lights on whilst off roading and stopped, however. I have to walk back to the car every 10 minutes why enjoying private time with the wife just to turn the music back on.
And they say it is to conserve battery? Let me worry about that...

RE: How do I turn on Accessories only - mark_n - 10-02-2012 08:19pm

The stereo system consumes potentially much more power than the lights, depending on how loud you have it playing so the 10 minutes is there to try to ensure you can start the engine in the worse case operating conditions, such as a Minnesota winter.

Perhaps they think 10 minutes is long enough for "Private Time with the Wife" down in Texas...

RE: How do I turn on Accessories only - Big G - 11-02-2012 11:50am

(10-02-2012 08:19pm)mark_n Wrote:  The stereo system consumes potentially much more power than the lights, depending on how loud you have it playing so the 10 minutes is there to try to ensure you can start the engine in the worse case operating conditions, such as a Minnesota winter.

Perhaps they think 10 minutes is long enough for "Private Time with the Wife" down in Texas...

Everythings bigger in Texas I'm told !