Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who are the Evoques natural competition ?
Ghost Rider

RE: Who are the Evoques natural competition ?

(06-05-2012 11:58am)Coolbanana Wrote:  If I didn't need a more versatile vehicle like the Evoque I do believe I would have opted for the new Boxster...I miss my Z4M sometimes and while I think the Evoque is best in class and I prefer it over a saloon/estate option, I have a soft spot for small, fast convertibles.

If my wife decides to go back to a larger vehicle next time around (she has a Mini now), I'll definitely be looking at Roadsters again.

When I bought my Evoque I never tested the competition; I was downsizing from a Discovery that while brilliant, was just too big for my needs.

I am with you on this if it wasn't for the fact I need a "practical" car (family), then I wouldn't have ordered an Evoque. chandes are I woul be ordering one of boxster, z4 , 3 series coupe, TTRS. but none of theM made the list. 53xd was a close 2nd, had the previous shape and loved it. tempted by a Q5 but only because they do a 3.0d. I like cars with a bit of go in them currentky have an Audi S3 and hope I am not going to regret only having 190bhp to play with. ... Si4 is not an option

Now in possesion of my SD4 Auto Dynamic., Santorini, Privacy Glass Shadow, Chrome Shadow style 7's Mixed emotions
06-05-2012 10:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

Didn't really look at anything else. I showedy wife an image of the car back in July/August and she said that is the car we should get, so the order was placed soon after without seeing one in flesh. During the wait did consider the X3 and also VW Touareg

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
09-05-2012 11:57am
evQ

Looked into
--> X3, Q5, GLK, MDX, EX 35, LR2.
09-05-2012 03:04pm
IKM

(09-05-2012 03:04pm)evQ Wrote:  Looked into
--> X3, Q5, GLK, MDX, EX 35, LR2.
I realise that a lot of folk hate the shape of the GLK, but if it had been available in the UK as R/H/D it might have been (at least for me), a serious contender!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 03:47pm by IKM.)
09-05-2012 03:45pm
ED209

If i had the cash a merc G wagen would be on my drive, unfortunately i was about £70k short.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
09-05-2012 03:56pm
mark_n

Believe me, the G wagen is unbearably crude, one for the masochists among you. It must have appeal to someone but as an on-road proposition, it's nowhere. I'm sure the bigger engined AMG versions go like stink but wild horses wouldn't make me do it.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 07:00pm by mark_n.)
09-05-2012 06:59pm
Blackseries

It’s interesting that in a recent interview the head of Jaguar hoped that the Jaguar F-Type would have an “Evoque type” sales trajectory ...... I fear it won’t, lovely though it is.

If my experience is anything to go by I was looking at a Mercedes E Class Coupe, and Audi A5 Sportback, had a brief look at an Audi Q3 (far too small) and BMW X3 (just too dull) .... in the end the Evoque replaced an Audi TTS in our garage.

What the Evoque has the ability to do is cover a wide range of cars very successfully in a wide range of price bands. The Jaguar F-Type competes with £50k+ 2 seater sports cars which whilst there may be quite a few ..... I’m not sure they sell that many. The total production of 911 & Boxsters last year was 20k ..... Land Rover are currently holding orders for 60k Evoques .....

So .... Who are the Evoques natural competition .... any car that costs from £27k - £55k and can hold 4 people ...... and just maybe the odd 2 seater sports car (I’m afraid to say Jaguar).

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
10-05-2012 04:36pm
benzina

This is the Macan,and judging by it's predictable,yet nice Cayenne design language, the Evoque will have no worries beating this on aesthetics and individuality....
[Image: 309188636242502907.jpg]
[Image: 310917835826273652.jpg]
[Image: 98007399467351773.jpg]

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 02:03am by benzina.)
11-05-2012 02:40am
Belvoirbloke

I came from along line of C Class estates, most of which gave lots of trouble, cracked steering rack, 2 alternators duff, so many rattles and squeaks and broken inside trim on the last one ... was going to buy an E estate .. but it’s so long and I was reluctant to part with more money and risk the build quality.
Had my Freelander now for a year, it’s been faultless and really comfortable, so felt encouraged to buy the Evoque.
Considered X3 / X1 but when you go and see them, they are really ungainly and over bodied, from almost any angle quite ugly.
Also the Audi Q3 (?) in the flesh is truly a blob, unless you kit out well then looks fairly decent .. however, if you choose the S line model for its outer
looks you have to have a black, coal mine like interior.
Did vaguely look at a nearly new ML .. nah ..
There is nothing like and Evoque in looks/concept/execution ... if you’d have asked me to tot up a list of desires, it has them. An amazing piece of marketing. It comes next week ))

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
11-05-2012 10:20am
Evo-king

Well it's better than the Q3/Q5, but seeing those pictures it doesn't come across quite as well as those graphics shown earlier this year on this forum.

Happier with my Evoque.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-05-2012 10:18pm