Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who are the Evoques natural competition ?
QUEEVO

Who are the Evoques natural competition ?

After placing my order, I did go and drive Q5, Q3, X3, and CX5 (I currently have two MX5s) - so glad I am waiting...!!!

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
05-05-2012 11:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoque U

RE: Who are the Evoques natural competition ?

We considered the Q5 and X3 to begin with back in August last year but decided to take a gamble on pictures we had seen on the net and placed an order without actually viewing the Evoque. In September we flew to the UK and visited Halewood and it was then we knew it was the best decision.

Si4 5 door Prestige,Fuji white,spirit interior,prestige tech pack,adaptive dynamics, heated seats,keyless entry,park assist,surround cameras,panoramic roof,adaptive xenon headlamps.aftermarket 20" Wheels

Living the dream since 10/3/12
05-05-2012 11:49pm
miha.m

Since I do not "need" 4x4/SUV, from the beginning, I considered several cars AUDI TT, Q3, Q5, A5, A6,... BMW new 320d, 328i, 520d,... Jeep Wrangler, MINI Countryman, Jaguar XF,....

AUDI A6, I already had, Q3 is boring, Q5 is slightly less boring, but still,.... TT - space,... new BMW 3 is expensive (no discounts yet),... Jeep is way too expensive, MINI, I already have one Wink,... Jaguar - I do not like metal interior (I hate it),....

BMW 5xx , even 520d is fantastic car, but not as sexy as Evoque,....

Final day decision was between BMW 520d and Evoque - I think I decided right Smile
Car coming next week (they promise).
BR : Miha

Evoque TD4 Prestige (Barolo black, Couture interior)
MINI Cooper S "John Cooper Works" tuning (2004)
Harley Davidson Rocker C - FXCW/C (2009)
06-05-2012 06:48am
mark_n

(05-05-2012 09:09pm)normangt Wrote:  I've just realised recently that the price of a Dynamic is the same as a new Porsche Boxster. It's been revamped this year and looks amazing. I know its a very different car but I'm gonna take a test drive in it the choose.

It certainly is a different car and it's strange them being mentioned in the same breath as competitors. Even the most basic Boxster is more than the Evoque and basic is the word. You can add £10k without even trying. When I bought my 911 turbo - and it has a pretty good spec - I added £16k in options. Spec up a Boxster - leather, wheels, sat nav, blue tooth, metallic, PDK and the Evoque will seem great value for money.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 06:51am by mark_n.)
06-05-2012 06:49am
Mudi1

Porsche 911 or cayman (not cayenne) 3 or 4 yrs old. And then the granddaughter came along ......
06-05-2012 08:31am
jos

i did drove a countryman before ordering the evoque.
did drive in the same priced audi Q3 to compare it.(too smooth)
(x1=too dull)

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
06-05-2012 11:35am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Coolbanana

(05-05-2012 09:09pm)normangt Wrote:  I've just realised recently that the price of a Dynamic is the same as a new Porsche Boxster. It's been revamped this year and looks amazing. I know its a very different car but I'm gonna take a test drive in it the choose.

If I didn't need a more versatile vehicle like the Evoque I do believe I would have opted for the new Boxster...I miss my Z4M sometimes and while I think the Evoque is best in class and I prefer it over a saloon/estate option, I have a soft spot for small, fast convertibles.

If my wife decides to go back to a larger vehicle next time around (she has a Mini now), I'll definitely be looking at Roadsters again.

When I bought my Evoque I never tested the competition; I was downsizing from a Discovery that while brilliant, was just too big for my needs.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 12:26pm by Coolbanana.)
06-05-2012 11:58am
Bruno787

i considered the X3 before i ordered my Evoque. also took a look at the GLK but never the Q5.
06-05-2012 01:06pm
Mudi1

(06-05-2012 11:58am)Coolbanana Wrote:  If I didn't need a more versatile vehicle like the Evoque I do believe I would have opted for the new Boxster...I miss my Z4M sometimes and while I think the Evoque is best in class and I prefer it over a saloon/estate option, I have a soft spot for small, fast convertibles.

If my wife decides to go back to a larger vehicle next time around (she has a Mini now), I'll definitely be looking at Roadsters again.

When I bought my Evoque I never tested the competition; I was downsizing from a Discovery that while brilliant, was just too big for my needs.

Speed bumps kill the joy of driving the Porsche or any low rider, and that is not that you want to drive fast down the road, you just don't want to slow down to 0 to get over them. It must be so annoying for drivers behind.
06-05-2012 05:16pm
Coolbanana

(06-05-2012 05:16pm)Mudi1 Wrote:  Speed bumps kill the joy of driving the Porsche or any low rider, and that is not that you want to drive fast down the road, you just don't want to slow down to 0 to get over them. It must be so annoying for drivers behind.

Very true, I slowed to virtually a standstill before going over speed bumps in my Z4M and any potholes were a nightmare. I also recall abandoning it in snow - even a couple of inches in steep terrain rendered it useless.

But if I continue to work from home as I am now and my wife opts for a family-size car next, I would jump at the chance to get back into a roadster - they are great fun. Very Happy

Practicality dictates what I drive now though and for me the RRE is the best solution right now. Cool

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
06-05-2012 05:58pm