Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
White vs. Grey in daylight
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: White vs. Grey in daylight

There is a member & Sponsor here - Pete Bell of Bell Auto Srvices - who has a fantastic reputation on the other LR and RR forums for his re-maps, and they are not chips he sells they are full on ECU remaps that can be reset. Many RRS & D3/D4 owners have them so he has cred!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 11:38am by XFullFatTim.)
02-08-2011 11:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sassy

(02-08-2011 07:37am)FullFatTim Wrote:  Sorry but having seen them in the flesh now Black doesn't suit the Evoque at all, it looses all the sharpness of the design.

Yes I very much agree, the black cars were disappointing. I was behind one most of my test drive and I can't put my finger on why but it just didn't look right.

On order: Coupe SD4 Dynamic Auto, Indus Silver, 20" Chrome Shadow Wheels, Pursuit/Lunar/Gloss Black
Current cars: BMW X3 (MK1)
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Lotus Exige
02-08-2011 01:07pm
vinny

I agree about the black I saw it at Gleneagles also and think its a bit plain,know it sounds silly but the lines and angles are just not defined the same as some other colours.
I thought the red was the star of the show but as I have said previous this was because all the red cars were dynamics with the nice smoky 20's.
I also thought the whites were not being shown off to their best as they were all prestige with the polished chrome like wheels with no privacy glass.
The pure may surprise a few people when they eventually see one as the side blade fender along the bottom of the doors are black not chrome (I believe) along with a black grille,bonnet vents and side vents should look mean....I hope!!!

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
02-08-2011 06:06pm
pureevoque

(02-08-2011 11:37am)FullFatTim Wrote:  There is a member & Sponsor here - Pete Bell of Bell Auto Srvices - who has a fantastic reputation on the other LR and RR forums for his re-maps, and they are not chips he sells they are full on ECU remaps that can be reset. Many RRS & D3/D4 owners have them so he has cred!

I'm fairly sure the Evoque will have tuning protection, nearly all cars do now, so the only way to remap will be ECU out Crying

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
02-08-2011 09:12pm
3VOQU3

(02-08-2011 09:12pm)pureevoque Wrote:  
(02-08-2011 11:37am)FullFatTim Wrote:  There is a member & Sponsor here - Pete Bell of Bell Auto Srvices - who has a fantastic reputation on the other LR and RR forums for his re-maps, and they are not chips he sells they are full on ECU remaps that can be reset. Many RRS & D3/D4 owners have them so he has cred!

I'm fairly sure the Evoque will have tuning protection, nearly all cars do now, so the only way to remap will be ECU out Crying

If the evoque is using the future Focus ST engine, these always have great plug and play tuners like Dreamscience..
03-08-2011 06:32am