Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
White vs. Grey in daylight
gmaker

RE: White vs. Grey in daylight

The other comment I'd make is that most of the pictures of OG show a Dynamic whereas most of the Fuji are Prestige. I personally think this makes a big difference as the extra coloured paintwork on the Dynamic adds a lot to the appearance of the car and so far we seem to be comparing mainly Dynamic OG with Prestige Fuji?

Has anyone out there got a decent set of pictures of a 5-door Dynamic in Fuji?
01-08-2011 08:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
berlin2011

(01-08-2011 08:14pm)gmaker Wrote:  The other comment I'd make is that most of the pictures of OG show a Dynamic whereas most of the Fuji are Prestige. I personally think this makes a big difference as the extra coloured paintwork on the Dynamic adds a lot to the appearance of the car and so far we seem to be comparing mainly Dynamic OG with Prestige Fuji?

Has anyone out there got a decent set of pictures of a 5-door Dynamic in Fuji?

3 door Prestige vs 3 Door Dynamic

I think both actually look great
Some 5 door Fuji white Dynamics

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2011 08:42pm by berlin2011.)
01-08-2011 08:29pm
Rootsboy

for me i decided from looking at the first 2 videos that were released showing the both the white dynamic and prestige driving around london, to me the prestige seemed higher of the ground and it looked like the wheels stood out more. i am also not over the moon about how the exhausts look.
but i do admit the Orkney Grey Dynamic does look great, and i would love to see how that color looks on a prestige.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2011 10:06pm by Rootsboy.)
01-08-2011 09:45pm
Blackseries

(01-08-2011 07:48pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  even the dull and boring black Evoques got people looking at them trying to figure out what it was.

but still not so "iconic" as the Fuji............

Remember there were 2 original LRX Concepts

One White........ iconic

One Black ........ iconic 2

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
01-08-2011 10:54pm
DDX

Thank you berlin2011 for those pictures. Tempted now to change to a contrast roof! Ordered fuji dynamic 5dr with panoramic but the picture of the one you just posted looks stunning!
02-08-2011 06:55am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry but having seen them in the flesh now Black doesn't suit the Evoque at all, it looses all the sharpness of the design. Actually what Evoque needs on the colour choice is something like deep metallic blue that Ford uses for it's RS cars or a much brighter red than Firenze which is more crimson and not a really vibrant colour. Startling designs like the Evoque really need bold and striking colours. No meaning to upset those who have ordered Black cars but honestly when you see one it could be any other car on the road if you don't see the signature headlights. What makes the OG stand out is when it has the contrast roof. Anybody for a Tangier Orange or Tambora Flame Evoque?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 07:41am by XFullFatTim.)
02-08-2011 07:37am
Blackseries

When the Evoque was announced there was talk of a Cosworth version.....it was shown in a great shade of Blue. If that had been available that would have given me food for thought.

TBH apart from Firenze the colour palette is a bit uninspiring (Colima looks great in magazines etc but I wonder how many people in the real world would choose it) - I hope they do allow an Autobiography program at some point and then we would see some more adventurous colour schemes.

I hear what you say about Black but in Prestige form the silver elements create different highlights and the silhouette becomes the dominant design form..... which I think is pretty striking. Having said that I more than happy to blend in. I've done the "I'm walking down the high street naked" type of car (which the light coloured cars will be) – with my choice I'm happy to enjoy the car from the inside ........ it wouldn’t do for us all to be the same.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 10:37am by Blackseries.)
02-08-2011 08:54am
evoqueboy

^^^ I think the cosworth version will be available at a later date as I think it is something Project Kahn is working on as I rung them up regarding a remap of the SD4. Also I have seen a black Evoque and it is noticeable straight away. I saw it going in the opposite direction on the M6 as I have done with nearly every Evoque I have seen and I don't think you can miss them. I agree that Firenze should have been brighter but my only concern is that it can look slightly burgundy. Moving on I think grey looks really good and just beats the White. But I don't think grey has anything on Firenze! Smile
02-08-2011 09:23am
DJ2Tall

So what did PK say about re mapping the SD4?
02-08-2011 10:02am
evoqueboy

They have not got a car and they said I could take the vehicle to them once I take delivery and see what they can do. They were quite expensive . They mentioned an increase of approx 40 bhp. I'm just gonna run the car in first before I do any remap or anything but I do want a nice sounding exhaust which is probably gonna be hard to come by especially as the vehicles a 4 pot diesel. Anybody know how I can get a nice sounding exhaust? I have got supersprint ringing me up today about it. I don't want the car to just sound loud like a chavved up corsa but I want a nice throaty sound to it.
02-08-2011 10:35am