Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which spec shall I choose?
Mounty

Evoque 150hp auto 5dr white, almond/espresso. I try to save money so it fits in the budget. As I live in Switzerland options are different.

Can I miss out on those things?

1. Panoramicroof. Will I regret not to have ordererd or just luxus
2. Rearviewcamera?
3. Only xenon and foglight instead of a pack that has extra rainsensor, automatic light going on and the signature led
4. Rear aircondition outlets for paasengers
5. Mudflaps
6. Elec. tailgate

Thanks for your opinions

Daniel
08-08-2012 12:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

(08-08-2012 12:03pm)Mounty Wrote:  Evoque 150hp auto 5dr white, almond/espresso. I try to save money so it fits in the budget. As I live in Switzerland options are different.

2. Rearviewcamera?
3. Only xenon and foglight instead of a pack that has extra rainsensor, automatic light going on and the signature led
5. Mudflaps
6. Elec. tailgate

Thanks for your opinions

Daniel

1. You'll regret if you don't take it.
2. Can do without.
3. I'd take the whole pack just for the signature LEDs. Rain sensors are cool but not necessary. Auto lights I quite like actually.
4. You don't really need those.
5. Ugly, why bother?
6. You don't really need it but you'll be very happy if you have it. If you have a wife/girlfriend, she will appreciate it too.

Disclaimer: just my opinion... Any similarity to the opinion of others is completely coincidental...

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
08-08-2012 05:27pm
rvsvet

RE: Which spec shall I choose?

(08-08-2012 12:03pm)Mounty Wrote:  Evoque 150hp auto 5dr white, almond/espresso. I try to save money so it fits in the budget. As I live in Switzerland options are different.

2. Rearviewcamera?
5. Mudflaps
6. Elec. tailgate

Thanks for your opinions

Daniel

I have the panoramic roof. I like the fact that I have it, but from the drivers seat, when driving, I am not aware I have it. Furthermore, there are issues with insurance in the UK, some insurers cover it under the glass section of the policy, some cover it but treat it as standard body damage, ie you could lose No Claim discount, and some no not cover it at all. For these reasons, I may not specify it on my next car.
I have the rear view camera, but cannot get on with it. I always seem to park at a crooked angle when i rely on it. I therefore tend to look out of the windows and use the amply large rear view mirrors, as i have done in every previous car
I have auto lights, auto wipers and signature LEDS. Would probably have them all again.
Rear aircon outlets - dont believe I have these. Usually only me or me plus 1 passenger in car, so not important to me.
Mudflaps- I paid for these as an extra. I believe they keep the car cleaner, therefore needs washing less often. Although they are small, i would choose front mudflaps at least to reduce the amount of tar spots thrown up from the front wheels onto the lower body panels.
Electric tailgate - I dont have, because I have never yet found closing a tailgate manually too difficult for me. As I carry dogs in the boot, i wanted to be able to control the closing speed of the tailgate to avoid trapping tails or limbs.
Have the pano roof and rear aircon vents if you frequently carry rear seat passengers. Dont bother if you rarely do.

SD4 5 dr Dynamic Auto in OG with verve interior, Shadow Chrome style 7 alloys, Pano roof, privacy glass and spare wheel. Collected 25th May. 900 miles driven in 1st month.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012 09:40pm by rvsvet.)
08-08-2012 09:20pm
Jonathon555

2. Rearviewcamera?
5. Mudflaps
6. Elec. tailgate

Thanks for your opinions

Daniel

1. Yes its a good option, i dont't have it as it adds 60kg to the weight of the car
2. Would like to have , but did not see the value at order
3 can you not get the visibility pack ?
4. Would not bother , get privacy glass instead
5 did not order but might be good for winter
6 the boot is not hard to close at all

I would ditch a couple of those options and get the 8" 380 watt soind system if its not standard

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
08-08-2012 11:41pm
LonnyGer

1. It depends on the people driving with you in the evoque, if you are a single driver most of the time, i would not got for it, because you will actually focus on the street and not on the sky above you. If you have kids, or often people that travel with you, i would go for it cause they will love you for the feature Smile.

2. I Would definitely go for the rear camera, yeah you got the pdc (rear) but it is another safety aspect, for example the radar can miss things that are above their range

_____________(Signal)_______ --------__________ (This example shows that sometimes the pdc will detect nothing but in fact there is something) Very Happy.

3. I also would go for the signature led, its all about the looks

4. Almost useless, for what i heard so far :/ (better privacy glass, or save the money)

5. More an offroad feature, depends on your usage

6. the boot is like jonathon said not hard to close, but it make sense, if your have hands full Smile.

So: 1. (depends) 2.(must have) 3.(nice to have) 4.(Save money or go for privacy) 5.depends 6. nice to have

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2012 08:25am by LonnyGer.)
09-08-2012 08:24am
WB
WB

Of your list the two essentials IMO are pano and rear camera. I think both will change how you feel about the car and improve its resale value.

The pano especially with a pale interior will feel more special and spacious.

The rear view cam will make parking easier as the view out of the rear window is very limited.

I wouldn't buy a car that didn't have both of these.
09-08-2012 09:16am
Tulabb

(09-08-2012 09:16am)WB Wrote:  Of your list the two essentials IMO are pano and rear camera. I think both will change how you feel about the car and improve its resale value.

The pano especially with a pale interior will feel more special and spacious.

The rear view cam will make parking easier as the view out of the rear window is very limited.

I wouldn't buy a car that didn't have both of these.

I agree on the rear camera....if it wasn't avail I wouldn't have ordered the car. Being 5ft 2 I can't see the front or back and rely on sensors and camera for everything!
09-08-2012 01:52pm
NightFox

(09-08-2012 01:52pm)Tulabb Wrote:  I agree on the rear camera....if it wasn't avail I wouldn't have ordered the car. Being 5ft 2 I can't see the front or back and rely on sensors and camera for everything!

I agree - rear view camera is one of those things that once you've had it, you can't live without it. I've spent the last few months piling the miles on an X-Type, and even 6 months on whenever I stick it in reverse I look down at the Sat Nav screen instead of the rear view mirror. The concerning thing is that when I don't see any obstruction on my Sat Nav screen (unsurprisingly!), my brain tells me I'm OK to reverse Shocked

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
09-08-2012 03:23pm
Mounty

Thanks for your help. I drove friday the 240 hp in the mountains around some steep mountain roads. Awesome how he goes fast around bends and keeps his line, almost like a mini and with the paddels loads of fun.

1. Panoroof: Choce against it, because as you said for the driver you don't have any fun of it. My son was with me. He sat in the rear for a while. it was a suuny day and he complaind about the extra heat and that you saw almost nothing because of the blending. Had to close it quickli.

2. Rearview camera: It is a must. I'm a very good cityparker with not big spaces but hier with this car is the problem that you risk like driving over a small child or dog for example in carpark, because of its build. Beeper comes somtimes very late.

3. took thew visiblii ypacket just for looks and rainsensor etc.

4. Don't neeed it in such a small car. Cools enough from the front.

5.Mudflaps: i take them as I plan to go offroad with the mantecplate installed and some Mtrs

6.Tailgate, nice but utter luxury

PS. If I order now, i will get it december. And behalf rubbermats for free only 5% discount. I bought at this dealer my already my FFRR....... So think I'm waiting until the hype goes a bit down or order then the new DC100.
12-08-2012 08:15pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I would have said that had you been going for a Coupe with a black headling the panoramic roof makes a huge difference to the interior - making it much less claustrophoic, less important if you have the Ivory or lighter roof linings. I'm having front and rear mudfalps fitted to mine a year after delivery in the hope that I will reduce the amount of tar that seems to get splattered up the doors behind the front wheels and up the rear bumper when the roads are dirty.
I already have a deposit on a DC100 and sold my FFRR for the Evoque as well!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 10:03pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-08-2012 10:01pm