Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which model
ojonesyo

RE: Which model

(17-03-2012 02:41am)Ianpembs Wrote:  Hi jonesy Im still doing my homework as lots of choice and they all look great I do like the Havana and still thinking of it just a bit of a coward in that I did not want to commit to a colour I had not seen. I was wondering if it more biased towards brown or grey, I eventually ordered from Aberystwyth after visiting both. Mine is due around July time so just a few things to fine tune. I live near Milford Haven so will keep my eyes open in June when South of the river Enjoy it when it comes .

Havana...... well I have convinced myself to go for it..... one of the two Evoques newsgroups have some good images that suggest a grey similar to orkney/stornaway but with a bronze flake colour that shifts the dark grey toward brown/bronze in certain light conditions. Does that make sense? For better or worse I have fallen for the tan leather that should go well with the paint. This choice led me to a Prestige model, of course.
Dealer.......yes Aberystwyth is supplying my Evoque. We bought a new Disco 4 from them seven months ago and the service / presentation of the vehicle was faultless. Nice people compared with Swansea. I went in to Swansea dealership in a friends small people carrier.... [I was on my way to fetch them from the airport]. The staff completely ignored me as I spent 20 minutes sitting in and checking out 2 Evoques. Seems like that had decided I didn't-have-a-pot-to-piss-in and was not worth saying hello to...... Their loss! Hope your purchase goes smoothly. Owen
17-03-2012 11:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(17-03-2012 11:17pm)ojonesyo Wrote:  Havana...... well I have convinced myself to go for it..... one of the two Evoques newsgroups have some good images that suggest a grey similar to orkney/stornaway but with a bronze flake colour that shifts the dark grey toward brown/bronze in certain light conditions. Does that make sense? For better or worse I have fallen for the tan leather that should go well with the paint. This choice led me to a Prestige model, of course.
Dealer.......yes Aberystwyth is supplying my Evoque. We bought a new Disco 4 from them seven months ago and the service / presentation of the vehicle was faultless. Nice people compared with Swansea. I went in to Swansea dealership in a friends small people carrier.... [I was on my way to fetch them from the airport]. The staff completely ignored me as I spent 20 minutes sitting in and checking out 2 Evoques. Seems like that had decided I didn't-have-a-pot-to-piss-in and was not worth saying hello to...... Their loss! Hope your purchase goes smoothly. Owen

When I first went to my dealership I pissed in THEIR pot, but they still ignored me!Laughing
17-03-2012 11:23pm
Ianpembs

Cheers for feed back Owen, was deliberately vague on dealership but my feelings as per yours I went to Swansea with a view to buy, in fairness their sales person was pretty clued up on RRE however they were adamant I could not get Xenon lights on a specked up Pure for what ever reason. Went to to Aberwystwyth they said no probs. Aber talked me through options pros cons resale etc. Test car was waiting on arrival and when I mentioned I would like to to compare a dynamic suspension vehicle they did not have one and immediately PDI one to test.
I bought my previous car a Freelander 2 with them and I must say the service to date excellent so when it came to decision time it was not too difficult who to go with. So fingers crossed.
On a side note whilst drinking coffee in Aber was sat with two separate couples collecting new Landrovers both on their 4th consecutive vehicle from here. Good enough for me so fingers crossed. Also when it came to part ex Swansea started to play hard ball ie not fortune-tellers etc but Aber prepared to give forecast value. I know there no such thing as a free lunch but service in Aber not bad at all. So albeit further away decided to stick with boys from the north.
Also thinking Havana the way to go.
18-03-2012 02:24am
MartinP

(17-03-2012 11:17pm)ojonesyo Wrote:  Havana...... well I have convinced myself to go for it..... one of the two Evoques newsgroups have some good images that suggest a grey similar to orkney/stornaway but with a bronze flake colour that shifts the dark grey toward brown/bronze in certain light conditions. Does that make sense? For better or worse I have fallen for the tan leather that should go well with the paint. This choice led me to a Prestige model, of course.

Good choice Owen....but I am a little biased!!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
18-03-2012 09:00am
mark_n

I think the rear camera is essential and the mud-flaps certainly help keep the car cleaner.
(12-03-2012 01:52pm)QueJumper Wrote:  The bottom front apron on my Dynamic is already flaking paint and that's just from stone chips not off roading.

Personally I don't think the magnaride shocks are that great either. I prefer the handling in 'standard' mode.

You can avoid stone-chips by dropping back from the car in front. New paint is most susceptible to chipping.

As for magna-ride, it does a lot more than simply provide two damper settings. The dampers are changed continuously according to the profile selected.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2012 10:52am by mark_n.)
18-03-2012 10:48am
ojonesyo

(18-03-2012 09:00am)MartinP Wrote:  Good choice Owen....but I am a little biased!!
Martin.......we're going to look like twins when we both pull up at traffic lights! That said, I have ruled out privacy glass ever since I have heard it called Ugly-kid-glass......Sad Happy motoring when it arrives.
18-03-2012 10:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evoque's privacy glass is so heavily tinted that it you could be hiding a catwalk of supermodels in the back, they could see all the ugly foiks outside because it has a strange one way tint, but nobody would see the 3 of them sitting on the rear seat!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-03-2012 11:56pm
MartinP

(18-03-2012 10:45pm)ojonesyo Wrote:  Martin.......we're going to look like twins when we both pull up at traffic lights! That said, I have ruled out privacy glass ever since I have heard it called Ugly-kid-glass......Sad Happy motoring when it arrives.

Owen....which part of the principality are you from? I'm from Aberdare.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
19-03-2012 07:21pm
graymatter

good luck with the after service from aber - it's shockingly bad!

always had land rovers and never had a problem in their warranty period as expected Tongue Out

yep nice as pie when spending all that money but they literally take your money with no back-up service - if you ever get a problem - ha forget it!

As soon as you have reached the end of the forecourt you may as well say goodbye to any backup!
11-06-2012 09:44pm