Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Filling with Fuel
Donny Dog

RE: Filling with Fuel

(14-07-2012 12:16pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The mis-fuelling preventer is definitely not a 100% fool-proof device as several owners here have found out the hard way. Although how they managed to misfuel passed the device is beyond me, they must have really forced the filler nozzle down the fuel filler and broken the sensor that operates the flap. What is there to prevent misfuelling is very good but not infallible.

btw i don't mean to belittle those that have had this happen to them or imply that THEY are fools, I do sincerely mean the device isn't as good as it might be if it is still possible to get round it by whatever means EmbarrassedEmbarrassed It must be a horrible experience to find you have put the wrong fuel into you car

Exactly so - and the presence of the device causes what some users here feel is an inability to enter the nozzle as far as they anticipate.

I haven't seen vapour with the Evoque, but I do know how readily some diesel foams (depending on how much anti-foaming agent it contains and the distance the fuel falls into the tank, as well as the temperature) and this phenomenon may be related.
14-07-2012 02:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shoehorn

Same happend to me with a range rover sport, cost a fortune in the end (insurance paid it), I found I was not the only one and some people are making noises about suing LR http://www.fuelfixer.co.uk/2010/10/range...ng-device/

I would have made a much bigger fuss if It was not covered by insurance (and mightily embarrassed)
19-07-2012 07:15pm
Donny Dog

(19-07-2012 07:15pm)shoehorn Wrote:  Same happend to me with a range rover sport, cost a fortune in the end (insurance paid it), I found I was not the only one and some people are making noises about suing LR http://www.fuelfixer.co.uk/2010/10/range...ng-device/

I would have made a much bigger fuss if It was not covered by insurance (and mightily embarrassed)

How did they manage to get the car on its way in only 30 minutes after simply pumping out the incorrect fuel? I understood that even turning on the ignition, let alone starting the car, would potentially do damage to the fuel pump etc.
19-07-2012 09:02pm
PhilSkill

If you havent started the car before you realise then they can just pump out the fuel and re-fill with correct, and any residue will be suitably diluted. But once you start the car the fuel gets drawn neat into the pipes, filters and injectors, then its much more difficult to resolve.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-07-2012 11:20pm