Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats your rant of the day?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Whats your rant of the day?

Suez Canal officials demanding "presents" of cartons of cigarettes then when you hand them their "present" they throw them back at you because they are not the brand they want....................... and then demand double the number of cartons of the other brand you offered in the first place.

One one place worse than Suez............................ India, but at least their officials are more discerning prefering John Barr whisky at $2.50 a litre, no that isn't a typo it really is $2.50 a litre but anywhere else in the world wouldn't use it to clean toilets it is so awful!

Corruption of Govt Officials is a wonderful thing and I can go to prison in the UK for giving "presents" to officials in Egypt and India - what a wonderful country we live in in the UK, we don't appreciate that the rest of the world lives on petty corruption.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 31-10-2011 08:08pm by XFullFatTim.)
31-10-2011 08:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DynamicRRV

Tim this country of ours is totally corrupt!
31-10-2011 08:21pm
ceebee

Getting a £30 fine for parking in a disabled bay at ASDA without a blue badge as I pushed my 79 year old mother around in a wheelchair whilst others got out of their "disabled" Cars and walked in.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand that a lot of blue badge holders are not wheelchair bound and do have other disabilities, but I think ASDA could have shown some common sense!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
31-10-2011 09:03pm
defender_uk

under what pretext can they issue a parking ticket? They can't...it is not enforcible...though people should not park in disabled bays and would never endorse that...

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
31-10-2011 09:08pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You didn't offer enough bribes CeeBee - 200 Marlboro usually sorts out these minor problems ........................ well it would out here! But then 200 MR is only $15 not the £100 it is at home too!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-11-2011 05:21am by XFullFatTim.)
01-11-2011 05:20am
ceebee

Defender-they claimed that as there is a sign stating that anyone not showing a badge gets a fine! End-of!
My mother has had a hip replacement and has many other health problems and is housebound, but on this particular day she had been to hospital, but we called in at ASDA for a coffee to help her nerves but because I am not a "grab as many benefits as I can" type of person I have never asked for a blue badge, so I got the fine.
Would have been £60 if I had not paid it within 10 days!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
01-11-2011 10:40am