Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What were your real alternatives when buying your Evoque (if any) ?
mzn50

RE: What were your real alternatives when buying your Evoque (if any) ?

Although Volvo is a great company and product.. Manufactures need to look at demographics.. LR scored as they hit a 30-50 grouping that want lux and "Fun" with what seems to be a vast grouping of technology.. Only time will tell if reliability .. Which has haunted LR reputation at least in NA..will be to par to let's say Volvo .. Fingers crossed when I revisit this thread in let's say 24-36 months !

Smile

Matt
Ottawa
2012 Evoque in Barolo Black : Dynamic Package -Active Dynamic Suspension -20" Shadow wheels (delivery July-09) Front Tinted

My Toy - Stealthy and Heavily mod'ed Porsche 997.2 C4S
Hers - Lexus RX350
03-07-2012 04:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wardpg

I like Durchy have purchased an v60 r design in ice white, had to keep up with all the white Evogues I see, in fact do they only do it in white!.
I previously had a Ffrr which I had for 4 years and proved a complete load of rubbish which the dealer was not interested in after it had run out of warranty even though the problem started to happen when the car was only a year old.
I went on the LR test drive of the Evogue and really liked it, though the wife wasn't that keen, my only gripe really was its size, especially the boot. I don't like the sport or the freelander and with my previous LR problems I decided to look somewhere else even though I have had 4 discos and a Ffrr in the last 16 years.
I didn't need a vehicle as big as the Ffrr as I dont tow a large caravan any longer so looked at the Q3 and 5, and the x3. Wasn't really keen on any of them, this led me to The Xc 60, had a test drive and loved it, plenty of gadgets, nice engine and auto box and big boot. You have also got to remember that the xc 60 underpinnings are the same as the freelander and evogue as they were designed under ford ownership and Volvo did a lot of the development with Haldex as they are a Swedish company.
I really like my Xc60 and in reply to other comments on this thread , there is a good Volvo forum and the only reason I come on here is to see all the problems people are having with their Evogues that I an not having with my Volvo
03-07-2012 07:58pm
ED209

(03-07-2012 07:58pm)wardpg Wrote:  I like Durchy have purchased an v60 r design in ice white, had to keep up with all the white Evogues I see, in fact do they only do it in white!.
I previously had a Ffrr which I had for 4 years and proved a complete load of rubbish which the dealer was not interested in after it had run out of warranty even though the problem started to happen when the car was only a year old.
I went on the LR test drive of the Evogue and really liked it, though the wife wasn't that keen, my only gripe really was its size, especially the boot. I don't like the sport or the freelander and with my previous LR problems I decided to look somewhere else even though I have had 4 discos and a Ffrr in the last 16 years.
I didn't need a vehicle as big as the Ffrr as I dont tow a large caravan any longer so looked at the Q3 and 5, and the x3. Wasn't really keen on any of them, this led me to The Xc 60, had a test drive and loved it, plenty of gadgets, nice engine and auto box and big boot. You have also got to remember that the xc 60 underpinnings are the same as the freelander and evogue as they were designed under ford ownership and Volvo did a lot of the development with Haldex as they are a Swedish company.
I really like my Xc60 and in reply to other comments on this thread , there is a good Volvo forum and the only reason I come on here is to see all the problems people are having with their Evogues that I an not having with my Volvo

so you come on here to gloat and troll? How very nice of you.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
03-07-2012 08:09pm
Bowl

(03-07-2012 07:58pm)wardpg Wrote:  I like Durchy have purchased an v60 r design in ice white, had to keep up with all the white Evogues I see, in fact do they only do it in white!.

The only problem I'm having with my Evoque is that it draws too much attention. Luckily you don't have to put up with this. Smile

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2012 08:18pm by Bowl.)
03-07-2012 08:17pm
mzn50

Lol...the time people have on their hands...

Matt
Ottawa
2012 Evoque in Barolo Black : Dynamic Package -Active Dynamic Suspension -20" Shadow wheels (delivery July-09) Front Tinted

My Toy - Stealthy and Heavily mod'ed Porsche 997.2 C4S
Hers - Lexus RX350
03-07-2012 09:08pm
Neo

Ye, if you are over 50 yrs old and like driving metal tanks (they are really safe and built to last) with uninspiring designs then the Volvo is perfect for you !

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
04-07-2012 12:11am
ED209

(04-07-2012 12:11am)Neo Wrote:  Ye, if you are over 50 yrs old and like driving metal tanks (they are really safe and built to last) with uninspiring designs then the Volvo is perfect for you !

Dunno, i actually quite like them xc60 things, not a patch on the evoque though!

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
04-07-2012 10:28am
Capital

(04-07-2012 12:11am)Neo Wrote:  Ye, if you are over 50 yrs old and like driving metal tanks (they are really safe and built to last) with uninspiring designs then the Volvo is perfect for you !

Over 65 Neo pleaseVery Happy

Neo is correct. In Australia only old men wearing hats or numpties buy Volvos. "Bloody Volvo driver" is a common derogatory remark and it is mostly well deserved.Laughing
04-07-2012 11:33am
Neo

My bad >65 then, hehe

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 11:35am by Neo.)
04-07-2012 11:34am
Belvoirbloke

Don’t know if anyone has said this on this thread, the problem with Volvo X-anything is they are desperately ugly in an over bodied way.
THE reason not to be seen in one. I see it’s a favourite on Desperate Housewives, LOL

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
04-07-2012 02:12pm