Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What were your real alternatives when buying your Evoque (if any) ?
rvsvet

RE: What were your real alternatives when buying your Evoque (if any) ?

My choice lay between keeping my 5 year old TT because it only had 25,000 miles on it, and trading up my FL2 for a newer one, (would probably have gone for ex demo as I did last time) or trading in both for the Evoque. Now I have the evoque, I love it, but still sometimes miss the TT. It made matters worse when I took the Evoque back to the dealership to have mudflaps fitted and the TT was still there because one of the dealership staff had bought it.

SD4 5 dr Dynamic Auto in OG with verve interior, Shadow Chrome style 7 alloys, Pano roof, privacy glass and spare wheel. Collected 25th May. 900 miles driven in 1st month.
28-06-2012 09:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulcon

I was torn between an Audi S5 Sportback v's RRE and had there been any used stock available of the latest gen S5 at the right spec and within my budget then the RRE would have had a serious fight on its hands. I loved the driving dynamics of the S5 and need quattro/ 4x4

The RRE has more overall appeal IMO and better design. It's close to being every car you'll ever need. However, there's no doubting that I'll always ponder the S5 for the driver in me - not necessarily for it's handling but for its outstanding engine that is actually capable of matching the real world figures of an SD4 by all counts!

Black 'n Black SD4 Dynamic Lux 5-door with privacy.
29-06-2012 11:07am
Evo-king

+1 there paulcon

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-06-2012 10:18am
tetstb

New X3 and wish I had or even waited on a Q5. My Evoque is a bag of bolts, first and last JLR.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
30-06-2012 11:52am
ChuckieB

This thread and others have been running and running and we are really no nearer to seeing a trend forming as to want the true comparison should be. People's own comparisons have, on the face of it been poles apart.

My own was a used C class estate or a sensible choice of a new Renault scenic (once I had discounted an X3 - lead times and 4x4 shortfall ) hardly in the same league as regards being able to make a direct comparison. In the end I wanted the extra security for the winter and Evoque was there just at the right time and the off road heritage swung it. Time will tell whether the choice was right, I have to wait a few months to wait but I look on winter with much less fear now.

It will never be "all things to all men" (please excuse the expression ladies) and probably won't define a new sector in the market but credit to LR for giving it a damned good go. They won me over!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
30-06-2012 12:08pm
PhilSkill

(27-06-2012 10:55pm)cutter7 Wrote:  It is still to be seen whether BMW will launch a new product range by resurrecting 'Triumph'. There is no other reason for having the Hamms Hall engine and transmission facility built (especially if the currency issue was as bad as they tried to claim when they ditched Rover); for retaining the Triumph brand; or for retaining the new model developments and continuing to work on them as was reported after the abandonment of Rover.

I'd love to see the Triumph Cars brand back, but fear BMW would not be the right ones to do it, unless they started it up and sold it on.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-07-2012 12:37am
cutter7

(01-07-2012 12:37am)PhilSkill Wrote:  I'd love to see the Triumph Cars brand back, but fear BMW would not be the right ones to do it, unless they started it up and sold it on.

Whether BMW has any immediate plans to produce any actual automobiles under the Triumph name remains to be seen, but the merchandizing campaign can't be good news for the motorcycle manufacturer of the same name that has had the brand all to itself for the past few decades now.

01-07-2012 05:56pm
Damo

I hadn't even considered buying a 4WD, so my alternates may seem quite odd! I was looking at the BMW Z4 and the Mercedes SLK200. I owned the previous generation SLK200 and loved it, so thought the new one would be a no-brainer for me. I found it to be massively underwhelming, paticularly the interior fit, finish, and styling. I wasn't excited by the car at all and couldn't see myself paying what they were asking for it. The Z4 is just way to expensive for what you get, and I must be one of the few people who don't find BMWs exciting to drive.

I only started looking at the Evoque because of how stunning it is to look at. I went to the dealer, confident that I'd take a look, take a drive, and head home car-less. What actually happened was that I signed up and am now patiently (or not) awaiting delivery! I didn't want to look at other 4WDs, like the Q3 and X3, because that's not what I'm buying. I feel like I've bought a stunning, statement car that just happens to be a 4WD.

Ordered: TD4, Auto, 5 door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof, Ebony Leather, Ebony Headliner, Tech Pack, Clearview Pack, Heated Seats + More!
02-07-2012 06:40am
BrilliantEvoque

My choices were - BMW 5 Series or Mercedes E Class. But then I checked out Evoque and these were not under consideration thereafter.
02-07-2012 06:01pm
IvorRedOne

I considered the Volvo XC60 with all Mods and was within a heart beat of Buying when my wife spotted the Evoque. Had 3 test drives just to be sure and knew that I had to have the 5 door Evoque. The Volvo Rep was gutted when I told him. Still, Volvo made enough out of me over the years.
03-07-2012 03:10pm