Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What were your real alternatives when buying your Evoque (if any) ?
Bill

RE: What were you’re real alternatives when buying your Evoke (if any) ?

(25-06-2012 09:26am)Belvoirbloke Wrote:  I don’t know if this exists anywhere else as a thread ?

I just read as a bit of a shock, I could have had a Porsche Boxster for the same money.
Then of course realised totally useless to me with dogs and so on.

I wondered what cars others had considered before spending their money.

My only real option was an E class estate.
It didn’t have the appeal in the end, also too long, too low, no 4x4, and previous poor quality MBs
all put me off.

Considered XC60, Q5, X3. Only viable one was X3 which we test drove, very nice but with no character. More room inside and in boot but will shortly be placing an order for an Evoque
25-06-2012 12:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jos

Q3 >>> but was too perfect with no "extra" feeling and a bit more expensive than the evoque eD4
TT roadster>> but i want to wait till mark3 will arrive in 2015, because 2th time the same TT?

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
25-06-2012 12:28pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Capital

(25-06-2012 11:22am)durchy Wrote:  After reading so many comments about poor quality control and many major faults on new Evoques, I cancelled my order and bought a Volvo XC60 R-Design in Ice White in May.
So far, very impressed with XC60, superb build quality, and one of the quietest most comfortable cars I've ever owned! Loads of space for two dogs and whatever else you need to carry.
Would definitely advise people to have a look at the XC60, they will be pleasantly surprised at how is!

So you are so happy with the Volvo you are still reading Evoque blogs....

Understandable I guess as no one blogs about Volvos:Laughing
25-06-2012 12:45pm
PhilSkill

(25-06-2012 11:22am)durchy Wrote:  After reading so many comments about poor quality control and many major faults on new Evoques, I cancelled my order and bought a Volvo XC60 R-Design in Ice White in May.
So far, very impressed with XC60, superb build quality, and one of the quietest most comfortable cars I've ever owned! Loads of space for two dogs and whatever else you need to carry.
Would definitely advise people to have a look at the XC60, they will be pleasantly surprised at how is!

I looked at the XC60 as the main competitor... It does have advantages including a discounted price and a larger boot etc... but I bought an Evoque! Thumbs Up

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-06-2012 02:27pm
Belvoirbloke

(25-06-2012 09:48am)David Cameron Wrote:  Kia Sorento or Sportage?
Oh you must be disappointed ))

(25-06-2012 09:54am)ED209 Wrote:  i never bought an evoke, its an evoque dear boy.
hate spell-check haha

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 04:32pm by Belvoirbloke.)
25-06-2012 04:30pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: What were your real alternatives when buying your Evoque (if any) ?

There were no real alternatives when I placed my deposit in 2009, except another TDv8 RRS possibly but then LR stupidly discontinued them. Never considered anything else, not even a Freelander. In the light of the lack of serious offloading we now have in Scotland I would have considered chopping in both my Defender and the RRS for a disco4 - luxury load lugger with unbelievable off road ability

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 04:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-06-2012 04:42pm
Evo-king

A bit repetitive this but, we looked at:

The X1, an ugly car which drove well.

X3, better than the previous model with good interior and auto box but rode too soft and SWMBO considered it too big.

KIA Sportage, good price, good spec but it's a KIA, I'm sure there will be many happy owners who bought this though. There was one side by side with our Evoque yesterday, belonging to our neighbours parents, no contest in my opinion.

A5 Sportback, my favourite of the bunch, plus you get Stronic, good car until you see an Evoque next to it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-06-2012 09:57pm
jitenc

Bet you would be pleasantly surprised if you actually drove the Evoque Dynamic, pushed it in sports mode with the
dynamic mode on.....and pushed it past 100. Unless you like to be in SAFE mode in the Volvo...

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2012 05:58am by jitenc.)
25-06-2012 10:49pm
EvoqueNorCal

BMW X1.... excellent drive but just too ugly.

BMW X3.... great car all around with excellent driving dynamics, but just a little too boring to look at -- like everything else on the road.

BMW X6... love how it looks, drives great, but price was slightly out of budget. The thing that killed it was just its humongous size and weight. I hear an X4 is coming out in about 14 months, which is basically a smaller X6 and will probably compete directly with the Evoque. Not waiting 14 months to get a new car though.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland... figured it was a natural choice coming from a Jeep Liberty, but as good as it is, the Evoque has it beat in pretty much every area, except for off-road performance and durability and rear window visibility. Also, the brakes seemed a bit mushy on my test drive and I wasn't much impressed with the acceleration on the V6 model (about 8 seconds 0-60). The Evoque seemed much quicker than the Jeep on a back-to-back test drive.

Audi Q5... very briefly considered it, but it's like the X3; just boring and looks like anything else on the road.
26-06-2012 07:03am
xxxx5

(25-06-2012 09:57pm)Evo-king Wrote:  A bit repetitive this but, we looked at:

The X1, an ugly car which drove well.

X3, better than the previous model with good interior and auto box but rode too soft and SWMBO considered it too big.

KIA Sportage, good price, good spec but it's a KIA, I'm sure there will be many happy owners who bought this though. There was one side by side with our Evoque yesterday, belonging to our neighbours parents, no contest in my opinion.

A5 Sportback, my favourite of the bunch, plus you get Stronic, good car until you see an Evoque next to it.
There is a x4 coming out next year, I have a deposit placed for one already.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
26-06-2012 10:32am