Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to replace the Evoque with?
ED209

RE: What to replace the Evoque with?

(22-03-2013 09:46am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Wish you still had the Evoque now ED?

Today i do and yes i do miss it a bit but I am sure that in the long term I have done the right thing.

Although the badge snobs wont agree I will still have a nice brand new car, quick, practical and nice to drive. It will be cheaper to run mpg wise, I wont have to fork out for a service for 3 years and my mortgage is now £8k less than it was. As my mortgage has 25 yrs to run this 8k lump off will save far more over the term.

I recon the octavia vrs will probably be a good £1000 a year cheaper to run and it will suit me better as before the evoque and the crap mondeo that proceeded it i have always had sporty cars, (2x civic type r, scirocco, vx220, mini cooper etc) and i sometimes miss the extra overtaking power and handling. As good as it was the high riding evoque wasnt that hot during spirited driving on twisty roads.

The sad fact is that although I could afford the evoque as it was all paid for as of april i will be at least £100 a month worse off in my take home pay than i was 5 years ago. When considering inflation in those 5 years its a lot of £££ a month in real terms. Maybe it was time to tighten my belt a little! I dont see it getting any better either as the current government have made its intention to make policing a low paid job in future clear.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
22-03-2013 10:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

(22-03-2013 08:36am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  There are some great suggestions there, but I'm finding it harder and harder to like Audi Q's, they may be great cars but hardly good looking.

Like you I struggled with the looks of the Q5 - even more so with the vertical radiator grille slats of most of the Q5 family - the SQ5 just looks a whole lot more together. I have one in the same outside colour/and interior on order now for build w/c 15th April - as in this review: Fortitude SQ5 review link I couldn't quite stretch to the £1000 dash inserts (went for Carbon fibre instead) or the Alcantara headling....but otherwise virtually identical...

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 12:03pm by Straydox.)
22-03-2013 12:02pm
mzn50

Just ordered a Merc 2013 GLK250 TD - but for my wife
Im keeping my evoque for now.. very happy with it.. good milage .. squeeks and a tad noisy.. but overall happy

Im keeping my eye open towards the new Range Rover Sport to be announced this week is it ?

Im told its like the evoque but bigger.. Smile

Matt
Ottawa
2012 Evoque in Barolo Black : Dynamic Package -Active Dynamic Suspension -20" Shadow wheels (delivery July-09) Front Tinted

My Toy - Stealthy and Heavily mod'ed Porsche 997.2 C4S
Hers - Lexus RX350
22-03-2013 02:27pm
J77

Nothing wrong with owning a skoda ED, as you say, you have a brand new car and a chunk off your mortgage.

The end of this year is going to be tough for the bus company I work for our tendered services are due for renewal this year and we have been told the cuts are coming just not sure how deep.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
22-03-2013 02:30pm
invoke

(22-03-2013 08:36am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  ..... BMW and Merc sedans and estates are off my shopping list because they are RWD and they just cannot hack it when the roads turn white - this morning I notice two of my BMW owning neighbours are standing at the village bus stop in the driving snow rather than going into work in their 5 series rep-mobiles.

Winter Tyres and options like X-Drive / 4Matic / AWD are available out there for similar geographical locations as yours.... The reason I got evoque was its all wheel capability as in my neck of the woods, winter driving is always trechous. Snow & Ice tyres and 4wd is a must for me. Agree RWD is not good anyways (pulling force is always better then pushing, except in racing).

Good luck on your next choice.
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 06:38pm by invoke.)
22-03-2013 05:16pm
BA74

I plan on going with another Evoque next time. Will wait for the 9speed and upgrade to a Dynamic. Might even go a coupe!
Very happy with mine nearly a year on...

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
22-03-2013 09:24pm
IKM

I've got to say that for all it's minor faults, my Evoque with winter tyres has performed incredibly well. And given where I live (very remotely up an offroad hill that Landrover experience would be jealous of), with snow and ice for the past few months, I may just buy the MY2014 Evoque with 9spd auto next. However, 6spd auto and large wing mirrors work ok for me. It would be nice though to have more road presence with RRS or FFRR! (I'm in New York next weekend on vacation with my 12yr old son so will attend the motorshow launching the new RRS ... he's equally absorbed about cars).

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2013 11:44pm by IKM.)
22-03-2013 10:15pm
THEMACS

(22-03-2013 08:36am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Invoke, I'm not yet ready for a motorised zimmer frame, all the wealthy oldies around here drive E class Mercs, most of them have an AMG badge on them but appear to be 220CDi's with AMG alloy wheels and a fancy steering wheel. Don't get me wrong, a real AMG is a performance tour de force but not the sort of image I wish. BMW and Merc sedans and estates are off my shopping list because they are RWD and they just cannot hack it when the roads turn white - this morning I notice two of my BMW owning neighbours are standing at the village bus stop in the driving snow rather than going into work in their 5 series rep-mobiles. A real AMG Merc is also way out of my price league in the UK, they are in the FFRR price bracket and I would much sooner have a new FFRR if spending that amount of money. I have to have 4WD ability would consider a Subaru BUT the local dealership just closed and a friend has one that has been off the road for 5 weeks waiting for some small parts to come from Japan.

There are some great suggestions there, but I'm finding it harder and harder to like Audi Q's, they may be great cars but hardly good looking. Porsche Cayenne's interior is a disaster ergonomically and also to me looks low rent with buttons scattered everywhere. I still have a deposit down on a new RRS and will be waiting until LR launches them and I can see one in the flesh, having had 2 previous RRS's I wouldn't be averse to another but not sure about the teaser pictures and it's scaled up Evoque-a-like shape.

I went looking at C63 AMG Coupe today at a local dealer to replace my BMW, no where near FFRR price! Perhaps a S65 AMG s or C65 AMG is but that's not a comparison car and as you say if you want 4x4 then Merc or BMW or Audi are serious no no's. the Merc was nice and engine a peach but I think I will wait for the new M3 or M4 as it will be in Coupe guise... Proper CarVery Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
22-03-2013 11:06pm
tetstb

Cayenne Diesel will be my choice in August, Evoque and the whole Land Rover experience will be left behind in my rear view mirror

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
23-03-2013 12:16pm
J77

On a whole my time with the Evoque has been good, it's a stunning looking car nothing comes close to it. I would have another if I didn't need that bit extra boot space. That said though, LR need to iron out the new car gremlins on future MYs.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
23-03-2013 12:27pm