Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I thought this was spam...
RacingSnake

I thought this was spam...

PROTECTING YOUR NEW CAR AND ITS MASSIVE INVESTMENT‏ Wrote:Dear Turner

Thank you once again for purchasing your Land Rover from xxxxxxxxxxxx. Having checked my records I noticed that in spite of our recommendation, you chose not to protect your car with the BodyCare Paint Protection System. I was and also my senior valeting team were very concerned therefore that we hadn’t fully discussed the benefits of BodyCare at point of order, as 96% of our customers have their cars protected, so I wished to allow you a final opportunity to give your car its full protection before delivery. As I know your previous cars have all been protected.
Here are some of the main benefits of BodyCare.

BodyCare

3-year guarantee on paintwork on all cars.
Protects against road salts, traffic film and tar, bird droppings, insect fluid, tree sap, uv light damage, as well as acid rain.
3-year guarantee on fabric and carpets on new and used cars.
Increases your car’s resale value.
Maintain that ‘showroom look’ every day as protected against paint fade.

I am delighted to offer you this RRP of £xxx, normally £yyy. The application will also include a full valet inside and out.

I ‘am dedicated to our customer service, so please call me if you would like to have the Bodycare treatment completed, or if there is anything else I can be of assistance with.

May I wish you many more miles of enjoyable motoring.

Many thanks in advance
I have removed the dealer (thought it's pretty clear), and have removed the prices in case it was anything special (unlikely).

And I highlighted quite a prominent line to me.

I wouldn't have even opened this mail with its subject line all in capitals completely reminiscent of all my junk mail, but curiosity got to me if it was coincidence the spammer new I had a new car coming or not... seemingly was not the regular spam.

Clearly a mail merge job, not least because they have gone straight in with "Dear Turner", not "Dear Mr. Turner" or "Dear Gavin". Laughing

Followed sharply by a comment 'in spite of our recommendation'... I'm not sure I recall any conversation at all Shocked

And of course, the immortal line "As I know your previous cars have all been protected"... really? is that really the case?? no, thought not. FFS.

Am I expecting any more spam emails? Rolling Eyes

(Should I give them the benefit of the doubt and consider this?!)

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
15-03-2012 03:59pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

RE: I thought this was spam...

Some low IQ monkey in the dealership has either flogged customer data to a valet company or there's a bonus for the person their who sells the most of it.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2012 04:15pm by Sarcastrix.)
15-03-2012 04:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

after the thanks in advance there was a name which I have removed...
it was the same chap who I saw before I posted the update to my dealer feedback post! Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
15-03-2012 04:20pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

email it straight back to the Dealer principal for an explanation....
15-03-2012 05:25pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

+1, there's "personal" marketing and then there is plain junk mail and the tone of the letter is almost putting pressure on you to purchase. Suggest to them that suitable compensation for letting your data out of their system would be a free application of the paint protection so you can evaluate it for your next car!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
15-03-2012 06:09pm
mark_n

Tell them to get stuffed.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
15-03-2012 06:11pm
Evoqess

Thumbs Up Mark!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
15-03-2012 11:45pm