Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What"image" does Evoque project?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

What"image" does Evoque project?

Talking with other guests last night one thing I heard a lot from people was "I wouldn't be seen dead in a Range Rover or Range Rover Sport, especially living in London. The image they project isn't one I want, but the Evoque is just right" but I couldn't figure out just what image Evoque does project.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-09-2011 08:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

RE: What"image" does Evoque project?

Never really thought about what image the car projects, i just like them so i ordered one.
09-09-2011 08:23am
XFullFatTim

Same here, that's why I asked!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-09-2011 08:43am
Token

The image depends on the model...a Dynamic Coupe in White with 20" wheels projects a very different image to that of a 5dr Prestige in Blue with 18" wheels.

What the images are I'm not sure, but they are very different I would suggest.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
09-09-2011 08:47am
Tekno
Banned

I think the point people were trying to make to you is that it's less about liking the image the Evoque projects and more about hating the innefficient, road-hogging, snobby image the Range Rover Sport and Vogue project.
09-09-2011 09:06am
XFullFatTim

Just goes to show how uneducated folks are then if that is the image FFRR and Sport give, neither takes up any more space than a people mover / mpv and so long as you don't count the supercharged cars, they are not really any more profligate or poluting than many 2.0ltr petrol engined cars in the city, but I understand what you are getting at

09-09-2011 09:16am
griff

Funnily enough I was thinking the same thing as I sat outside the Chichester Festval Theatre last night during the interval with a gin and tonic in my hand.
I was stareing at the Orkney grey prestige which was flood lit thinking that it had a certain hidden style. The coupe is small but the build quality is way higher than any other car ive seen of the same size.

To me it says "I'm cool but not flashy, and by the way I can do anything you want in style"

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
09-09-2011 09:20am
defender_uk

don't go for the image thing either...I love LR and have always had one since 17. I just wouldn't look at another car. If ppl associate an image to it, then that is their problem, not mine.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
09-09-2011 03:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lookers Park Royal

When I saw the title of the thread, I wrongly assumed it was discussing the puddle lamps!!

My opinion is: successful, fun, expects quality, enjoys premium brands, tech-savvy, environmentally aware, adventurous and welcome at LPR any time!

James Smile
09-09-2011 07:45pm
XFullFatTim

Maybe the UK outside of London don't worry too much about what you car says about you, London folks haven't the same worries as the rest of us........

09-09-2011 08:05pm