Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What"image" does Evoque project?
Blackseries

RE: What"image" does Evoque project?

I've just had a half day road test in my dealers Demo and I didn't have to wait at a junction once in 4 hours! EVERYBODY let me out. I don't know what image it projects ...... but it makes people polite and smile.... so whatever it is it has to be good ..... and it made me feel very good too.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
09-09-2011 08:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes, I followed 3 German guys on monster Harley Davidson bikes into the car park at the hotel here and once they had parked up and they came over to look at the car. They were fascinated by it and one of them knew a lot about Evoque -turned out he owns a FFRR S/C and an Aston Martin DBS.......... After dinner I went out to the car to get the owners manual out for some late night reading and there was a group of Italians looking at it and taking photos. Even several "White van man " drivers staying at hotel were really enthusiastic, everybody seems to watched James May's Top Gear test and been impressed but when they see it in the flesh they are blown away by the finished product - I think I know now how the driver of a super car must feel when he drives it in public. So far nobody has made a disparaging comment about it.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-09-2011 10:28pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

nice topic this Tim.... the evoque may end up being one of those classless cars like the golf gti ... I remember reading once that they looked equally at home outside a guard's officers mess or a football team car park.

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 11:56am by Zermatt Vulgaris.)
10-09-2011 11:56am
Jonathon555

Sorry to be a party pooper .

Went to the dealers today with my wife to let her have a look & pick the wheels she wanted on the car.

Unfortunately there was a orange overtanned wanna be wag walsing round the garage with her husband & salesman. The wanna be wag was making so much noise about what she did & did not want on her car, it was embarrassing.

I just hope this car does not become the new Burberry cap

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
10-09-2011 04:20pm
Daigriff

(10-09-2011 04:20pm)Jonathon555 Wrote:  Sorry to be a party pooper .

Went to the dealers today with my wife to let her have a look & pick the wheels she wanted on the car.

Unfortunately there was a orange overtanned wanna be wag walsing round the garage with her husband & salesman. The wanna be wag was making so much noise about what she did & did not want on her car, it was embarrassing.

I just hope this car does not become the new Burberry cap

Thank God I live out in the sticks. This car is deffo going to be common around south Cheshire and the home counties...with many blinged up...anyone for a pink oneEmbarrassed

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
10-09-2011 05:57pm
Evoqess

Like the previous poster, I think this vehicle will attract both car connoisseurs (yes youCool) and others who just want the latest cool "gadget". I'm not sure how the LR salespeople will feel about the latter, invading their showrooms. I noticed at the Evoque unveiling in Vancouver that the salespeople seemed a bit detached from the non traditional LR crowd - there seemed to be the air of "I hope these Evoques sell themselves - I would rather sell a single $100 k plus vehicle than two Evoques for twice the effort". I found the sales staff to be the standoffish ones - there I was, keen female attending this event on my own - and not one salesperson approached me. I had to approach one - who seemed fatigued and muttered something utterly obvious about the Evoque, assuming I had just been passing the store and had come in for a gander. Even the ladies carrying the appetizers were friendlier.
Thankfully, the USA demo team were also present and provided ultra-enthusiasm and more than enough information to satiate me!

I think my point is, although the image of the Evoque will mirror the varied personalities of the purchasers - I hope there is some freshness injected into the showroom staff to help promote this phenomenal product. Very Happy
Evoque showrooms must be cleared of stuffy pls LR management!!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
10-09-2011 06:13pm
XFullFatTim

It will never be as bad as RRS for that though, especially as used RRS prices are getting low enough to attract the shell suit and Burberry baseball cap brigade...................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-09-2011 08:29pm
oop north

The people who just want one as the latest thing will be off to something else in a few months though. There will for quite a long time be some negative "wag-type"image floating around for a while thanks to LR employing VB...
10-09-2011 09:00pm
XFullFatTim

Unless I've missed something I honestly couldn't point to anything inside my car and say "Victoria Beckham designed that" I was one of those that berated LR for involving her, but in the markets LR wanted to sell Evoque in she is the Queen Bee and has huge influence on the spending of many young women, not just WAGs. I don't think we get her range of clothing in the UK, but she is one of the big names in female fashion Stateside, so if she is involved plenty will buy just because of the connection. I read in either Autocar or Car magazine that there may be a limited edition Evoque coming out next year that VB has had a lot of input into.

(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 09:57pm by XFullFatTim.)
10-09-2011 09:57pm
defender_uk

oh dear....Glad to say I can't spot her influence either so far in the cars I have seen.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
10-09-2011 10:01pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply