Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3 Average
What did you do in your Evoque today?
Keith

RE: What did you do in your Evoque today?

I take all the cars out and play draughts in the evening Smile
20-09-2011 05:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

Laughing Smile

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
20-09-2011 05:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Drove south to Lancaster this afternoon on my way to London. Didn't think I would manage to get the mpg over 40 as coming up to Shap Summit the TC was only showing an average MPG of 37.4 on ave speed of 67mph, but once passed the summit and on the gentle downslope from Shap the digits slowly started to creep up and I arrived at my accommodation with 40.7 av mpg showing on the trip, ave speed had crept up to 68mph. LR might have changed the official numbers for the cars but I am delighted to manage 40mpg at an ave speed of nearly 70mph

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-09-2011 05:43pm
ant

Accomodation Tim? I'm thought you'd be sleeping in the Evoque.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
20-09-2011 05:50pm
XFullFatTim

Too cramped in the Coupe Ant, maybe once another 20kgs have been shed!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 05:57pm by XFullFatTim.)
20-09-2011 05:55pm
ant

Rolling with Laughter

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
20-09-2011 06:28pm
ytshome

Brought it 90 odd miles home from the dealers today. Looks lovely, goes well and seems very stable. I was pleased to find that despite it's dimensions it actually feels reasonable tall on the road.

On the downside, the hand-over could have gone better. The salesman seems a polite young fella but the promise of fuel that he made to me ran to a quarter of a tank, the rigid load-liner that we'd ordered wasn't there as they'd apparently ordered the wrong part. The sit down in the car showed that the SatNav was showing Belgium and I can only imagine he's still to have the "Evoque" course. A mile down the road we called in at the petrol station to fill up and my eagle eyed wife noticed that they had forgot to put the tax disc in the car. We returned and this was put right......but the problems didn't end there.
Once home, I checked the Insurance docs which had just arrived and noticed that the number that the dealership gave, and I subsequently gave to the insurance was not the same as the plate on the car. As if that wasn't bad enough, the tax disc was a completely different number too. Is it me or does this sound like a pantomime farce?

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
20-09-2011 06:58pm
rchrdleigh

Spent all day driving a SD4 Auto Evoque Coupe Pure off road and was seriously impressed by what it could do. Did everything a Freelander can do but better.
20-09-2011 08:11pm
XFullFatTim

Drove from Lancaster to West London via the M6, M42 & M40. In the last 72 hours the car has developed a wind rustle on the seal between the curve of the drivers door and the A pillar. Took her into Lookers Park Royal where their tech Steve took me for a test drive to see if we could replicate the noise and as soon as we got to 55 it appeared, so the car is in the workshop tomorrow to see what can be done. Steve also found the plastic cover for the front mount for the roof rails was a little loose, which could be the cause of the door seal problem. Had a "burn up" and had 15 minutes at xxx mph! Car is impressively quiet, stable and smooth at highly illegal speeds, I was still overtaken by a stream of outside lane cruisers including several Priuses even at the speed I was doing! Ave speed Lancaster to W3, with a stop at Gaydon Motor Heritage Centre was 70, ave mpg, impressive - 40mpg dead for the trip!

(This post was last modified: 21-09-2011 07:07pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-09-2011 07:05pm
paulus599

Had a 15 min burn up at 30mph (assuming they're roman numerals), no wonder you were being overtaken by Priuses!

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
21-09-2011 08:32pm